searching for a job in hotel animacion

Alcione

Nov 3, 2006
Hi..

My name is Alcione 20 years old, live in Holland and I'm looking for a job in hotel entertainment in Rupublica Dominicana.
I have experince in animacion from hotels.

Is some one who can help me with a job?

in advance thanks for your aid,

Kind regards

Alcione Poppelaars

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Wow...even the Dutch want to be sankies now. Hope you can dance a mean Merengue and are happy making about 200 USD a month.

Alcione

Nov 3, 2006
Haha no no sankies!!!

Thats wrong, I just want to experince something else!
And yes I can dance the Merengue.
For your information it is for a animacion team. Nothing more.

What are you doing?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Haha no no sankies!!!

Thats wrong, I just want to experince something else!
And yes I can dance the Merengue.
For your information it is for a animacion team. Nothing more.

What are you doing?

Hi Alcione, you'll have a hard time finding a job in a Dominican animacion team. I think the locals will be in there long before a foreigner can even apply. And the Dominicans really dance well! ;)

Alcione

Nov 3, 2006
I know Chris they dance very well. But I live in Holland and I come from Brasil! Sow I can learn dancing like the Dominicaanen do.
I know also that locals have first the jobs, but I can try.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I don't think you'll ever be considered for a job in an animacion team on the internet. For that, you will have to be in the Dominican Republic and start networking.

Alcione

Nov 3, 2006
Yes I know now!
I'm goning in march to Dominican Republic. To live with a friend of my mom. And then I go find a job. It is for the best.

But thank you Chris...

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
The only resort in the DR I have been to, in Bayahibe, focused heavily on Italian tourists, and there were 3 Italians in the animation team. They didn't know how to dance at all, but I suppose they were there to let the Italian guests feel a bit more at home and to help overcome cultural and linguistic barriers. So, maybe if you can find a resort concentrating on tourists from your home country you could beat some of the local competition.

I do wonder though whether in such cases local and 'imported' animation staff do get paid the same...

Alcione

Nov 3, 2006
They dont pay a lot! I spoke with one animacion he was captain of a team his mondly payment was 7000 peso that is like 150 euro. I make more in one week here in Holland. But so thats why I'm saving first. I think thats better.