How do you expose a Sankie??

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
What is the best way to expose a Sankie? What questions do you ask him?
What answers do you look for? I think I have one calling me for the last month. I thought he would give up by now.....I have given him nothing and will not go down that road. For now it is entertaining. My eyes are wide open.

This is my first post - I came here to learn about DR after I came back - as I had such a great time and will return. It was my first trip to the DR. When I read the Sankie posts it made me laugh....because I saw so much of it. I spent some time with this guy because I thought he was nice and less slimey then the rest of them - I am NOT falling in love. I actually give him a hard time - being so suspicious. It's difficult to communicate though as he speaks very little English and my Spanish is poor.

Anyway....I am just sooooo curious how far he's going to take it........and when do I cut it off. What is the exact moment I will know for sure he is a bone fide sankie? He is okay so far...... ;) :rolleyes:

Cheers everyone!

V

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You met him at a resort.
He is not well educated.
He has a great line.
He is fishing right now.
Tell him not to call you.

Or tell him to hop on a plane and come see you.
Not one chance in 10,000 he has a visa, and less than that that he can get one.

Find, Feel, Frolic & Forget!!

Cheers and glad you had a good time.

HB

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
ask him straight out, that's what I do... if they huff and puff and walk away you got your answer lol

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
Thank you Hillbilly,AnnaC, La Barbie!

I have read most of the Sankie threads and have found them very helpful.

I feel like it's unfortunate if he is a Sankie as he is a very nice man and a gentleman and has a positive spirit about him. He treated me with a lot of respect and I appreciated his hospitality and company.

Anyway, it will be interesting. I don't know his level of education. He does work at a resort :disappoin as an electrician. I did not meet him at a resort but on a journey into town.

I try to keep the conversations light so I don't get caught up. I will ask him next time if he has a Visa to travel....but he did say it is too cold here in Canada for him.

I told him that I heard bad things about dominican resort workers... he said "wow".....it was hilarious!!! LOL! The language barrier may help me in the end.

It's nice to have somewhere to write about this......

Buenas Noches! :smoke:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Communication skills good enough ....

What is the best way to expose a Sankie? What questions do you ask him?
What answers do you look for? I think I have one calling me for the last month. I thought he would give up by now.....I have given him nothing and will not go down that road. For now it is entertaining. My eyes are wide open. ... better your eyes than you know what

This is my first post - I came here to learn about DR after I came back - as I had such a great time and will return. It was my first trip to the DR. When I read the Sankie posts it made me laugh....because I saw so much of it. I spent some time with this guy because I thought he was nice and less slimey then the rest of them - I am NOT falling in love. .... being slimey is like being pregnant

I actually give him a hard time - being so suspicious. It's difficult to communicate though as he speaks very little English and my Spanish is poor.

Anyway....I am just sooooo curious how far he's going to take it........and when do I cut it off. What is the exact moment I will know for sure he is a bone fide sankie? He is okay so far......
;) :rolleyes:

Cheers everyone!

V
For you to give him your contact info. If you're so suspicious, why give your contact info to a total stranger? .... we're very nice people on DR1, post your contact info here. You know that adage "you can fool some of the people ... ", he's well on his way to making a monkey's uncle of you!!!!

Did you? ... expose yourself to the sankie that is :)

How do you know the exact moment? ... NOW!!!! :ermm:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
as I had such a great time and will return.

There is your answer - return but do not tell him you are returning - just show up. If you spent time with him, you know where he hangs out, go unannounced and you will possibly catch him in the act - either with his wife or one of his other "novias".

Worked for one girl I gave this advice to -opened her eyes wide open!

Marlie

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Sankies know their schemes are out in the open now. Ask him what a sankie is. If he plays stupid, you know he's lying. If he tells you, only the animation team are sankies, you know he's lying.

How old is he? How much time did you spend together? Has he asked you to marry him yet?

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Why ask them?

I have asked that question before and got a range of reactions.
A few of them laughed and asked how i knew that word
A couple of them got angry and stormed off....needless to say I let the stupid sankies walk away!!
One in particular denied it and had we had a conversation about sankies, the way they live and why they are nasty.

I think there must be better ways to find out, rather than asking them.

Its like asking a compulsive liar if they have ever told a lie...its not like they are suddenly going to start telling the truth! Plus, sankies generally are compulsive liars. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them on the arse!

Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the visual trade marks of a sankie are? Eg, hair, clothes etc.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ask him to send you some money by Western Union, so that you can come back and visit him.
:laugh: jajajajajajaja :laugh:

I stayed at an AI in Las Galeras for 2 nites for the first time EVER last trip. I got to see the sankie act for the first time. I L'dMFAO. There were prolly a dozen overweight, homley German touristas there, all competing for the attention of the wait, service and animation staff.

On the flip side, there were single guys doing then same thing with the wimminzes staff members.

Funny stuff...

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Bottom line herel, if you read all the information posted on this site, you will get your answer. Eventually, they will show you their true cololurs. The red flags will be waving around like a bull fighters cape.

All the standard lines will come out - send money - I love you - I want to marry with you!

Geeze, its even painful to type the lines................:bunny:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's the words people, it's always the words.

Nice guy? Well of course they are nice and sweet and friendly but so are con men. You know the old saying, you catch more flies with honey blah blah.

The expierenced Sankie's words are always structured so it will always seem that everything is your idea not his.

Canada is too cold don't want to live there.....seems to be the number one clue.......are you kidding me they'll go to Alaska to get off the Island. But your defenses are now more relaxed right?

Come live here with me...............let's see she got on a big avion and came to stay in an expensive hotel that means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so if she does come here I'm all set........but she will never live here when she discovers the wages are peanuts............

He has never asked me for anything......................of course not, good con men set it up so it will be your idea to bring buy and pay for. It's the structure of the sentences.

Yes Dominicans are very friendly people but there's a difference between friendly and nauseatingly sweet.

Listen to the words. If you've read the articles you should know all this. ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
SA to your rescue .....

Bottom line herel, if you read all the information posted on this site, you will get your answer. Eventually, they will show you their true cololurs. The red flags will be waving around like a bull fighters cape.

All the standard lines will come out - send money - I love you - I want to marry with you!

Geeze, its even painful to type the lines................:bunny:
Send money and you'll receive Sankie Antidote ... where you say? "send money" to me of course :)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Right, like he's gonna admit ....

ask him straight out, that's what I do... if they huff and puff and walk away you got your answer lol
He knows what a sankie is and if you know enough to ask him, obviously he'll deny. It's like asking a bank robber to admit he robs banks ... no way! Jose!!

You have to elicit an answer/behaviour consistent with a sankie ... so you may want to ask him where the closest WU office to his work/home is located or where in the DR does he shop for his Nike shoes or other designer clothes or get him to write his name and address in Spanish or English ..... :glasses:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok one more before I head out.

try this:

I lost my job, I have no money but I love your Island so much, please find an apartment for no more than 100 bucks a month and I will be there next week. Oh and how much can I make working at a hotel dancing. I love dancing. I see poor people and they all look so happy and I want to be like them. Oh can you send money for my ticket? I will pay you back when I start my dancing job. :laugh:

Be serious!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bet you get silence. :laugh: