To dv8 and all foreigners**NEWS FLASH**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2002
dv8 said "you said it! even if i break my a$$ bending backwards i will never be "good enough" for dominicans. that appeals to my lazy side. i am not even gonna try!

i can happily live my life being labeled just i label them: bunch of primitive, stupid, uneducated, promiscuous, hypocritical savages.

now, that felt really good! "

dv8, it seems as if some dominicans here believe they have the monopoly on all things dominican. Nothing could be further from the truth. Don't let the few dominicans here sour your outlook on the DR and dominicans in general. Just be yourself and don't change a thing. You don't have to conform or please anyone. Your uniqueness brings diversity to the "BORG" like collective mentality of a small rotting, dying and withering segement of the DR population.

O&C's advice for foreigners:

Don't let the few dominicans on this board set the rules for you. The DR is changing fast. It's not the exclusivistic country it used to be. Just look around at all the afros. That would have been a no-no years ago.

There will be dominicans that will frown up your piercings, tattoos and there'll be others who will find them cool. Its usually an age thing. If you're old, you'll frown. If you're young, you'll accept. Dominicans will accept you as you are. Most don't give a rat's ass about your appearance. This isn't Trujillo's DR.

If you won't to be dominican, you are. I, O&C hearby christen thee DOMINICAN for LIFE,there, LOL.

Don't let the myth of dominican unity or exclusivity depress you, frighten you or sadden you. IT'S A MYTH!! Whoever knows me here knows the wars I've held with fellow dominicans. We are not united. We are as united as roaches before the lights come on, LOL. I feel unity with certain dominicans and foreigners and others I despise.

Some stupid and assinine dominicans want foreigners to feel left outside the club of being dominicans. They are like some national groups who believe it's an "US" things. That's all a bunch of crap. Believe me that dominicans have major gripes and polemics with other dominicans. Some are just a pain in the ass.

So go to the DR, be yourself, dress as you feel, act as you would back home and don't change a thing. Like everywhere else in the world- some will like you and some won't. Stick to those that like you and don't try to convince those that don't.

BTW, I am also a TRUE DOMINICAN TM.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
LOL

I will continue to wear shorts, T-shirts and sandals and not give a rat's patootie about who thinks what! There is no way I'm wearing long pants in this constant heat and humidity.

Santo Domingo 81?F 27?C 89% humidity

May 31, 2005
People are just telling it like it is. It is up to each and everyone to be how they want to be. We are just stating the facts.

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
So go to the DR, be yourself, dress as you feel, act as you would back home and don't change a thing. Like everywhere else in the world- some will like you and some won't. Stick to those that like you and don't try to convince those that don't.

BTW, I am also a TRUE DOMINICAN TM.

thank goodness! finally some words of wisdom, thanks.

cheers, P.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Gold help us!!!!

EVERYBODY hide, someone forgot to close the gate's door again!!!!!.

Either that or someone was granted parole from the mental hospital, hahahahahaha!!.

Has anyone found his "lost" Prozac bottle?.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is there sth i don't know?

Newsflash! O&C is "minovio".
Stranger things have happened.

geee! no possible. minovio's syntax is far from good. not to mention the fact he is pretty much traditional.... :speechles

no way i wear jeans either, how come those girls do not urinal infections from wearing tight thick jeans in this weather, i don't know. maybe they do....? :lick:

o&c, love ya. miguel, you are the past.

Mar 21, 2002
geee! no possible. minovio's syntax is far from good. not to mention the fact he is pretty much traditional.... :speechles

no way i wear jeans either, how come those girls do not urinal infections from wearing tight thick jeans in this weather, i don't know. maybe they do....? :lick:

o&c, love ya. miguel, you are the past.

Sure, don't buy into any of that hogwash. It's all banter, just empty rhetoric. It's as worthless as a confederate note. It's like trying to redeem Weimar Republic bonds. There are plenty of pain in the but dominicans. Just look at dr1 throughout the years, LOL.

Usually the younger generation is open to different ways of being. The older generation of dominicans are as intransigent as the crusty old Politburo and its Premier, i.e. Andropov, Brezhnev.

Before it was Golo and now its Miguel. Two old crusty know-it-alls who have lived beyond their utility. Senility is creeping in as one can see by his rants and raves.

So dv8 do as you please and forget that fairy tale called Dominican protocol. It was a matter of concern but now only exists in the minds of the deranged.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Your 15 mins of fame is over. Either post something intelligent or don't bother posting.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.