Ciao, Hilton

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Hilton recently announced the "de-branding" of the BHD's four Coral properties. The affiliation must have been a real feather in the cap, at least as far as prestige and PR/mktg. are concerned.

Any reliable information regarding the cause(s) for this move?

Sep 19, 2005
My worst hotel experience was with them at their Juan Dolio Hotel..... the customer service manager did not understand customer service....

Hilton did the right thing

bob

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Thanks, Tamborista- actually, that's only the usual press release announcing the action. Maybe another member has some in-depth info. regarding this... .

Bob, I've been to all but the Pto Pta hotel (which receives good reviews) in the past, and I agree. Pretty properties, but something not quite right.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Ants at the Hilton

My worst hotel experience was with them at their Juan Dolio Hotel..... the customer service manager did not understand customer service....

Hilton did the right thing

bob
A friend was just there and he said his room was infested with ants. They moved him to another room, but he encountered the same problem, ants!

-Helpmann :(

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
From what I understand the main reason was that new Dominican banking laws obliged the banks (BHD holding company) to divest the property. Since Hilton was not buying, the BHD had to find another buyer and I understand they did in an affiliate of Air Europa, the low cost airline that flies into Santo Domingo from Madrid.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
so interesting

This morning I made a reservation at the Hamaca. It went down as the easiest, most professional service I gotten in 8 years with them --and I thought at last Hilton showed them the way!

Seven hours later I read this--go figure.

JOHN

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I guess hilton wants to maintain a standard like in there other hotels and Coral was not doing it for them.

Hilton is no longer the premier luxury hotel brand in the world. As you know brands like Canadian Four seasons and Marriott's Ritz Carlton are over taking the market of ultra luxury CHAINS all over the world.

The Hilton hotels has come up with there signature ultra luxury is called Conrad hotels i am aware that they are planing there first Caribbean resort in Puerto Rico. And then they will expand to the caribbean probably Hot! Punta Cana will get a Conrad!

Right now out of the Mega Luxury resort Chains! and i have to exclude many of Melias, Riu, Barcelo, because there Luxury is European standard and as everybody knows american standards when it comes to confort and Luxury are Higher. Westin Hotels is planing to Open in Roco Ki Complex in Punta cana and that is a plus for the market.

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Thanks for the responses.
Dolores, here's hoping BHD struggles along without too much discomfort.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
whoa

Thanks for the responses.
Dolores, here's hoping BHD struggles along without too much discomfort.

and mind you I bought a timeshare from these vacation club guys when it was still under Hilton in 2003....now i am worried and wonder if they will still honor my contract! Well i have reservations with the Canoa for December that is confirmed, so i hope this transition goes smoothly as I travel to DR at least once a year and go to the resorts also! I enjoy my stays there all the time! :)

Jaime :ninja: