What does a Dominican Man expect from his lady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny11

Nov 7, 2006
I am white and in love with a Dominican man. We have been dating for a year, I have met his family, he just told me he loves me, things are going great.

I am just wondering what advice people have for an inter-cultural relationship? Sometimes I feel like there is a world of difference between us, like I dont know the rules. I am not used to a man paying for me, a man opening the door for me (I am not complaining, I love this about him), the last person I was with wasnt as proud, so this is all new for me...I guess I would like some advice about what a Dominican man expects from his woman....I hope I dont sound silly :nervous:

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
A dominican man expects from his lady the following:

1. Daily fresh cooked meal
2. House needs to be cleaned every weekend inside/out
(sporadic cleaningduring the weekdays.
3. Sex every day
4. And no comment on any decision making in the household.

Basically the man is everything. You will abide to HIS rules.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

3. Sex every day

You hardly ever come into this forum but thanks for that post.:laugh:

This is an honest Dominican man posting the above.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
I'm Ready!!!

3. Sex every day

Sounds good to me! How do I enlist??

-Helpmann :laugh:

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
el tigre is correct, in addition, you will have to put up with all his shortcomings (which he is not aware of).

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I just had to Anna

It was the perfect opportunity for me to enter this forum. And what better way :laugh:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
where and how did you meet your man? Were you on a vacation in a hotel and by chance you hit it off with a guy who works there?
please explain.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I am not used to a man paying for me, a man opening the door for me (I am not complaining, I love this about him) :nervous:

You are being treated like a lady and this helps you in the loving this man but make sure you find out what being a lady in the Dominican culture means and the responsibility and duties they expect from a spouse if you are heading in that directions.

So many people come to this board and post how they LOVE the Dominican culture when in fact they know very little about it. All they go by is that people smile and are very friendly and that most good men will treat you like a lady but again make sure you find out what is expected of you.

jenny11

Nov 7, 2006
We met through a friend of mine. Thanks for the posts above....I noticed that he never apologizes even when he is wrong...is this common? I also dont hear much about his feelings, he is affectionate, and he tells me he loves me, but I have to dig to hear anything about 'feelings'. Tell me more?

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
I strongly disagree with El Tigre

3. Sex every day

...he expects two fresh cooked meals everyday:laugh:

seriously, you are from 2 different worlds...If flexibility and true love are not the common denominator, there will be problems.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We met through a friend of mine. Thanks for the posts above....I noticed that he never apologizes even when he is wrong...is this common? I also dont hear much about his feelings, he is affectionate, and he tells me he loves me, but I have to dig to hear anything about 'feelings'. Tell me more?

How old are you dear? Most men have a hard time talking about feelings. That's a woman's thing.

Please remember this, words are cheap, actions is what defines true love. A man can tell you he loves you and can't live without you by his side blah blah but that shouldn't impress you as much as spending for example his last 50 pesos to buy you a flower. That means more than 1000 te amo, te quiero mucho mi vida.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006

have you heard the term "male chauvinist?" this is part of the Dominican Man?s M.O.
Yes, they are romantic, they tell you everything you want to hear, they compliment you every five minutes. They will make love to you like the end of the world is near. In return you will have to wait on them hand and foot and put up with the double standards and infidelity (if you are lucky, he won?t beat you). Good luck!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
The universal rule applies ...

Rule #1 - The man is always right and no talking back is allowed
Rule #2 - If unsure, check rule #1

Last edited:

3. Sex every day

Guess I am a Dominican man then. Amen El Tigre

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

He never apologizes because he is never wrong, it's never his fault.
His feelings?? he only has feelings for his mother, his children, his friends and his family (father, brother...) The spouse comes after. Oups I almost forgot the novias. Of course they always come before the wife. And don't ask him where he is going, at that time he'll be back, where he has been...

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Rabble-rouser ... lookin' for trouble?

His feelings?? he only has feelings for his mother, his children, his friends and his family (father, brother...) The spouse comes after. Oups I almost forgot the novias. Of course they always come before the wife. And don't ask him where he is going, at that time he'll be back, where he has been...
Looks like you're a malcontent .... if you don't like the rules, please leave :)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

Also, it is better not to go where you know he goes - you might not like what you see, just stay at home. Don't talk to his friends either. Just listen to what he tells you and be thankful that men can lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.