Guzman and Ariza Are Truly the BEST !!

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
I was notified today that my Provisional residency is ready..I applied 3-21-06 and had problems that only the best attorneys can fix..Anyone else would have probably said sorry and kept my deposit..I was missing a document and the firm was able to overcome that in just over 7 months to my surprise...If you have a legal issue take it to this firm..I can attest that they truly have the right connections to fix problems...And they are very affordable.....You can't beat that in the DR...An honest attorney is very hard to find........

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Glad you finally got it

I was notified today that my Provisional residency is ready..I applied 3-21-06 and had problems that only the best attorneys can fix..Anyone else would have probably said sorry and kept my deposit..I was missing a document and the firm was able to overcome that in just over 7 months to my surprise...If you have a legal issue take it to this firm..I can attest that they truly have the right connections to fix problems...And they are very affordable.....You can't beat that in the DR...An honest attorney is very hard to find........

I just got off the phone with yu when you gave me the good news. I am very happy for you that you were finally able to get that treasured residency. Now I am looking forward to connecting you with my connections down here. Hopefully soon.

Many thanks for your hospitality when I visited you in Seaside Hgts last weekend. I am sure many people's ears were ringing then. LOL! Good luck with your other situation too. Give me a call on my Dominican cell, you got it already.

LoveMyDRHusband

Oct 10, 2005
That is great that you got your work done in a timely manner, but I have yet to get my papers. I was told they were rejected cause I didnt take them to a Dominican Consulate first. I have spoken with several of the lawyers in the offices of this firm and I feel I have been given the run around. Also my documents have not been returned to me and I feel it isnt safe having my birth and marriage certificate running around DR and I dont know where they are. I spoke with a lawyer in the Santo Domingo office over a month ago and she hasnt gotten back to me yet. So today I sent a e-mail to Alfredo Guzman and I hope I'll get a response and this issue to be resolved. It is frustrating to not have been informed of all the rules and what needs to be done before hand but I hope to see closer and get what I started off wanting. They are very affordable thou and seem to be nice I am just frustrated. I even had to order my birth and marriage certificates from the respected agencies. Had I known I would have taken the documents to the consulate in Miami prior to going over when I took the papers there.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
I personally reviewed your file. All we are waiting for is the authenticated documents we requested some time ago. Your papers are in our Santo Domingo office located at Ernesto de la Maza #35, Bella Vista. Maycar Mejia (mmejia@drlawyer.com), the attorney in charge of your case with whom you have talked several times in the last month, will be in touch with you again today.

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Weakest Link

I personally reviewed your file. All we are waiting for is the authenticated documents we requested some time ago. Your papers are in our Santo Domingo office located at Ernesto de la Maza #35, Bella Vista. Maycar Mejia (mmejia@drlawyer.com), the attorney in charge of your case with whom you have talked several times in the last month, will be in touch with you again today.

Sometimes you have to go to the top. Everyone in business knows ..that.. You are only as strong as the weakest link. Happy to see things will be moving along ( oops , suprise ) but the sun does shine here most mornings....M

B

batich

I am very happy that you had your job done with Mr.Guzman!! Congrats!

I was not this lucky unfortunatelly.

For three months I asked Mr.Guzman just to tell me what documents I must have to come to DR and to buy a piece of land from a seller who is abroad. I sent many emails to his Sosua office and never received even this simple information.

So, the purchase had to be postponed and to be done some other time.

I was a bit disappointed to tell the truth.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
With laywers, doctors, teachers - untimately it's your life and the responsibility is yours. Guzman Ariza is a large firm with many clients, and it is up to you to make sure that you get the service you need. They are more than competent, and I have been very happy with them.

But if I feel that something is moving too slowly or I need clarification, I take the initiative in contacting them. Their responses are always reasonable and intelligent. Nobody's perfect. - D

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com

Gee...nothing like client confidentiality.

God help the lawyer who ever posts my personal business on the internet.

I understand your "client" posted a question here but that didn't mean that you had to answer it in the open.

Private messages work well.

Scandall

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
Gee...nothing like client confidentiality.

God help the lawyer who ever posts my personal business on the internet.

I understand your "client" posted a question here but that didn't mean that you had to answer it in the open.

Private messages work well.

Scandall

Scandall,

That's what the "client" should have done in the first place, don't you think? No need to put us in the spotlight for something that had been informed to the client from the beginning.

To all current and future clients: if you feel you are not receiving a proper assistance from your assigned attorney please do not hesitate to contact us directly at info@drlawyer.com (checked daily by our Director, Fabio J. Guzman) or myself at Aguzman@drlawyer.com.

Regards,

Alfredo Guzman, Esq.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Scandall,

That's what the "client" should have done in the first place, don't you think? No need to put us in the spotlight for something that had been informed to the client from the beginning.

To all current and future clients: if you feel you are not receiving a proper assistance from your assigned attorney please do not hesitate to contact us directly at info@drlawyer.com (checked daily by our Director, Fabio J. Guzman) or myself at Aguzman@drlawyer.com.

Regards,

Alfredo Guzman, Esq.

The "client" pays you. Thus, they can do whatever they wish.

You put yourself in the spotlight by replying on the board.

:)

Have a nice day,

Scandall

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
The "client" pays you. Thus, they can do whatever they wish.

You put yourself in the spotlight by replying on the board.

Have a nice day,

Scandall

Got it all wrong there Mr. Scandall, the relationship is two ways, that's why it's called an attorney-client one; respect for our work and practice is as important as the $$ factor and when this has been broken in the past our firm has not hesitated to "recommend" the client to retain the services of another firm, even if they were among our top clients.

If there's something being wrongfully publicized in this board that compromises our practice there's no doubt that we will come out and publicly rectify it.

Good morning,

Alfredo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Guzman Ariza has been my attorney for 20 years and during that time I have recommended the firm to many people.

Scandall, you are way off base in your complaint about responding in public. Everyone knows that this is a message board, that the Legal section is monitored by the Guzmans, and that posts in this section are responded to in this section by one of the Guzmans.

For those who want a private answer, there are email, telephone, and face to face discussion. Furthermore, there was nothing in Fabio's reply to LoveMyDRHusband that was a breach of confidentiality. Simply an assurance that the matter was being worked on and that she would be hearing further from the attorney handling her case.

Creating a tempest in a teapot suggests you are short of material for Mangu Moment and are fabricating something to talk about.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Creating a tempest in a teapot suggests you are short.

Hey, no need for personal attacks.

No tempests and no teapots. No problems at all actually. I just felt like spouting off. Personally, in answering the client's question, I would would have posted "check your PM" and went on my merry way. But that's me. If I am coming off like a pain in the ass, it wouldn't be the first time.

PS: Mangu Minute material is easy to find. We rarely need to manufacture topics.

Cheers,

Scandall

Last edited:

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
The Guzmans are providing a service to all of us by providing valuable information to this forum. If they occasionally have to defend themselves they should be allowed to do so. Nothing is more valuable to an attorney than his reputation.

The DR is that land of loose talk and rumors, and there are 2 sides to every story. - D

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
The Guzmans are providing a service to all of us by providing valuable information to this forum. If they occasionally have to defend themselves they should be allowed to do so. Nothing is more valuable to an attorney than his reputation.

The DR is that land of loose talk and rumors, and there are 2 sides to every story. - D

Ok! Ok! I get it. I am a bad person.

I will force myself to repent by drinking warm President all weekend.

Scandall

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I am very happy that you had your job done with Mr.Guzman!! Congrats!

I was not this lucky unfortunatelly.

For three months I asked Mr.Guzman just to tell me what documents I must have to come to DR and to buy a piece of land from a seller who is abroad. I sent many emails to his Sosua office and never received even this simple information.

So, the purchase had to be postponed and to be done some other time.

I was a bit disappointed to tell the truth.

You usually get what you pay for. Did you ever go to their office and pay a retainer, or simply continue to ask for free advice. http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/55025-mr-guzman-question.html
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/54537-real-estate-fast-closing.html#post440358

B

batich

You usually get what you pay for. Did you ever go to their office and pay a retainer, or simply continue to ask for free advice. http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/55025-mr-guzman-question.html
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/54537-real-estate-fast-closing.html#post440358

This was my only question to them that I repeated in many emails - WHAT DOCUMENTS I MUST HAVE WITH ME TO COME TO YOUR OFFICE AND TO DO THE TRANSACTION INCLUDING RETAINER AND OTHER??

In THREE months they did not even bother to answer this simple question.

I did not ask neither a free legal advise nor a free legal help. I only wanted to be prepared and to have all the necessary documents to do the business fast when I come down to DR.

Looks like that they are so popular and have so much business now that need no more.

Good for them!

Maybe they care about some other people, I do not know. But in my case they did not care about me as a prospective client willing to do business with them at all.

Sorry to say this but it is true.

P.S. For any reason you immediatelly attack all people who say anything negative about Guzman. It does not do them good service. Too obvious.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
P.S. For any reason you immediatelly attack all people who say anything negative about Guzman. It does not do them good service. Too obvious.
No attacks on all people for any reason.
I simply question the motives of those that appear to be whining, free-loaders, who pose questions that brings one to the conclusion that they are apt to be a scammer.
That brings the number of all people to just one.

Again, you are in Sosua. Why never meet personally with an attorney? Always asking questions about hair-brained deals with a promise to retain them in the future seems your mode of operation.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Howmar is right, you are now in Sosua so why haven't you made an appointment?

Talking to someome face to face is better than writing on a message board.

If you are serious you should have done that weeks ago.

I hear they have this old invention called a TELEPHONE and you hear the person's voice right away. Try using it instead of emails and message boards.

People might take you more seriously ;)

B

batich

No attacks on all people for any reason.
I simply question the motives of those that appear to be whining, free-loaders, who pose questions that brings one to the conclusion that they are apt to be a scammer.
That brings the number of all people to just one.

Again, you are in Sosua. Why never meet personally with an attorney? Always asking questions about hair-brained deals with a promise to retain them in the future seems your mode of operation.

OK. OK!

I am all defeated.

Chill out!

Mr. Guzman is the very best.

Everyone must buy from Mr. Guzman only!

This is Mr. Good Deal!
This is Mr. Half Price!

I love Mr. Guzman.

He is very good!!

Peace!

I am not in Sosua. I come to Sosua for short visits. For this reason I needed to be prepared when I come. I couldnot expect that a simple question - WHAT DOCUMENTS I MUST HAVE WITH ME FOR CLOSING?? - will be this difficult for the bestest lawyer of the Dominican Republic.
Now I see how wrong and bad I was and sincerely apologise for everything!!