New Airport?

DominiJenn

Nov 9, 2006
Does anyone know when there will be flights coming from the U.S. to El Catey?

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
currently there are no carriers scheduling flights to El Catey. it's still new and they won't schedule flights until the demand is up especially with punta cana, SDQ and STI being more popular for american tourists.

it's coming...

DominiJenn

Nov 9, 2006
Thanks....

It's my mom's hometown and I'm going in 2 weeks, but I guess I'll be flying to Santo Domingo which is four hours away from Samana. :(

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I called American Airlines to see if there were any scheduled American Eagle flights for the future, and there is nothing in the system. Doesn't seem like it will happen this year, at least. But keep in touch through the DR1 Airlines Forum and as soon as something is known, should be posted there.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
What good is an "open airport" without flights.......

.....did the flights from Europe come in as planned?

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
Taxis?

I posted in the airline forum but nobody answered this:

When someone flies into El Catey, what are the options for getting to Las Terrenas?

Is there a regular bus service (if yes, what is the schedule)?

Are there standing taxis?

Can you rent a car from the airport? If yes, what car-rental agencies are located in the airport & any local contact information would be appreciated.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Well Mr. Moderator.....

....I am having a hard time seeing where all those European flights came in...I see pics of workers trying to "prep" an airport, but do not see all the info on the flights themselves...

bryanb

Dec 30, 2005
DMS - Since it's a new airport there are bound to be glitches on information, but there are people who have landed there and it is open for business. I know I fly into El Catey in February from Ottawa.

My thought is that the DR airports are not using the internet to post arrivals and departures. I'm sure that more pictures will be posted eventually though.