i met a boy....

sally

Nov 9, 2006
i met a boy...isn't that how it always starts. It is so easy to meet men in this country and so hard to find a real one. The ones we meet are either married, have children, girlfriends, issues and a whole lot of nothing in their pockets. I hate to generalize but I'm tired to hear beautiful, intelligent, grow-up women complaining about the same thing over and over again....and then to find myself sitting on their sofa with my box of Kleenex. How sad! Are there any good men left in the Puerto Plata area or is it hopeless for me in sankie land...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
i met a boy...isn't that how it always starts. It is so easy to meet men in this country and so hard to find a real one. The ones we meet are either married, have children, girlfriends, issues and a whole lot of nothing in their pockets. I hate to generalize but I'm tired to hear beautiful, intelligent, grow-up women complaining about the same thing over and over again....and then to find myself sitting on their sofa with my box of Kleenex. How sad! Are there any good men left in the Puerto Plata area or is it hopeless for me in sankie land...

Pretty much hopeless. Although I must say I have a few available cousins. They would qualify as sankies though (although they don't work in resorts) LOL

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
?

if you are slim, pretty, good in bed, smart, can cook and have LOTS of love to give i can hook you up with minovio's bruv. he is tall, handsome and not a sankie!
:cheeky:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I hate to generalize but I'm tired to hear beautiful, intelligent, grow-up women complaining about the same thing over and over again.

Yeah I wish we could just shoot them all but I think there's some kind of law against it :laugh:

Try finding one in your own country is best. You might get a 10 year mileage of of it and a couple of kids.

Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just :bored: :tired: and it's not even sankie season yet
;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Semana Santa = Easter

Marlie

And that spills over till about the end May. It slows down during the summer and our wonderful DR1ers get worried that DR1 will go bankrupt without sankie threads :laugh: so we start making up sometimes silly, sometimes informative threads so we can talk amongst ourselves about this subject :laugh:

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Mustang sally???? ... I smell a sock

i met a boy...isn't that how it always starts. It is so easy to meet men in this country and so hard to find a real one. The ones we meet are either married, have children, girlfriends, issues and a whole lot of nothing in their pockets.... lot more than either I hate to generalize but I'm tired to hear beautiful, intelligent, grow-up women complaining about the same thing over and over again....and then to find myself sitting on their sofa with my box of Kleenex. How sad! Are there any good men left in the Puerto Plata area or is it hopeless for me in sankie land...
You better slow down there sally, seems to be in a rush ... reminds me of Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett :laugh:

Mustang Sally, think you better slow your mustang down,
You been running all over the town now ....

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
You better slow down there sally, seems to be in a rush ... reminds me of Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett :laugh:

Mustang Sally, think you better slow your mustang down,
You been running all over the town now ....

I'm with you!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Indecent weak people are easy to "land" because they are all over the place, here, there, everywhere. What is the point of doing it? It is not even a challenge or an achievement for anyone. Women like them just because they are so easy to "land?, they like all women and will date them all together or by turns. Decent people are not that rare, they are just harder to "land", because they don't have time or desire to hang out everywhere with everyone, that is all. They will not give you BS about love for nothing, they don't have time for this - too busy with work, school, family, etc. If these women did not rush into an "easy" relationship they would not have to cry. People have to take time to find a right person to be with and not just jump on whoever is available.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
At least Anna just has to read about and moderate the forum for sankie seasons!
That's when I'm in JD which is a tourist town so I get to hear and see it happening...........
In 16 yrs it's the only downside to wintering in the DR.......

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I know........

They should make it mandatory to attach a " Special Sheet" with Sankie info when you receive your travel itinerary when booking a trip to the DR :D

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Seeking A Man

... It is so easy to meet men in this country and so hard to find a real one....Are there any good men left in the Puerto Plata area...

1. Well, how long have you been looking?
2. Have you tried other nationalities or are you bent on a Dominican? If so, why?
3. How much longer can you wait? ;)

m'frog