Happy Or Sad In The Dr?

Do you feel satisfied or unsatisfied with your decision to live in the DR?

• Satisfied

Votes: 79 68.1%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 23 19.8%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Here is another poll courtesy of Vince1956 (with the way critics treated the other poll he suggested, may God help us all with this one!! LOL!)

Jokes aside, here is the question:

Do you feel satisfied or unsatisfied with your decision to live in the DR?

A) Satisfied

B) Unsatisfied

C) Not sure.

-NALs

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Much better! :) Just knock out happy/sad from title line. Happy/sad is not the same as satisfied/dissatisfied. But the meaning of the question is very clear so you shouldn't get too many problems with this one........famous last words. And Nals you meant dissatisfied, not unsatisfied. Unsatisfied takes you back to the pervert poll again.....................;)

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
:bunny: I would like to thank nals for my other poll that one was:cool: and for this one this one ,should not cause any problem,s :ermm: :surprised ??

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
:bunny: I would like to thank nals for my other poll that one was:cool: and for this one this one ,should not cause any problem,s :ermm: :surprised ??
No polls have caused any problems.

I simply contact Robert when things get out of hand and he does me a favor, that's all.

If you notice, Robert hardly mettles in the polls affairs, unless I contact him.

Most polls do what they are suppose to do, gain attention and get people to vote. Plain and simple.

Your last poll suggestion was one of the most successful polls on DR1. In a matter of 3 to 4 days over 70 votes were cast, over 1,000 views were created, and plenty of commentary was posted. That is a success anyway anyone tries to see it.

After I had placed my clarification notice, DR1ers started to veer off topic, once I made Robert aware of the situation he eliminated the off topic posts, and he did the best thing he could have done, close the thread. The poll had served its purpose, no need to continue with the "cat fights".

In a way, I am moderating the polls forum in an indirect way. Every action Robert has made on this forum (and they have been few) have occured at my suggestion. Well then, why does he not make me the official moderator then?

It has to do with a comment CC made in which he made a beautiful connection between me being a moderator and how that would give off a bad vibe on Robert's ability to come to reason and make his own opinion on something. In other words, CC effectively convinced Robert that his original decision to make me a moderator was a flaw in his character, Robert bought into the idea and decided to change his original decision and impose the decision CC had in mind.

That is why I was removed as an official moderator (at least from what I can tell). Despite that, whenever things get out of control, I begin to react like a typical moderator would and while I don't have direct access to moderate any poll, I do have access to Robert and he does the moderating for me in his best judgement.

Of course, I don't question Robert's ability to come to his own conclusions about anything or anyone on this site. Robert manages to run a superb web site (along with Dolores and others), why should I undermine his decision on anything else? He has a mind of his own and he knows how to use it as far as I am concerned.

From what I can tell, some of his closest friends may not think in the same manner and they have quite an influence over him. :ermm:

Well, let's get back to topic.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Robert how about a poll for nals to be a moderator
Vince, let's not hijack this thread off it's intended topic, please.

However, I will say the following:

I have no deep desire to officially moderate this forum. The decision was made in the beginning to give me that chance and it was rapidly changed by the influence of someone else's thoughts, not necessarily Robert's. Despite that, he was the one who came to the conclusion that his original decision was not good and someone else's decision was better and we got what we got today, a forum without a moderator.

If an official moderator was to be selected, I would prefer it to be Hillbilly or AnnaC or someone along those lines. People who are capable of rooting out off topic comments, closing threads when its necessary and don't let their personal opinion influence their decisions on censuring a particular thread. I've seen (and I'm not the only one) moderators who erase comments others post simply because the moderator had a different political or some other form of persuasion, not necessarily because such particular poster went off topic per se.

A moderator who will eliminate personal attacks, but NOT eliminate criticisms towards the subject of any poll, since I think such criticisms are good feedback in creating better polls in the future.

In short, someone who is fair and has a good sense of judgement.

Now, please, let's get back on topic!

-NALs

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Webster is a POS dictionary that will put in any mispronounced or misspelled word, if it's used frequently enough.
Unsatisfied is not an English word, never has been and never will be.
The correct word is "dissatisfied".
Pretty soon they will be accepting that axing someone a question is the same as asking them.

PS: yourDictionary.com - yourDictionary /yourThesaurus Search Results

Sorry, no words matching "unsatisfied" were found.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Well they sold out too.
Anybody who was born in the times before it became acceptable to bastardize the English language, like in the last 20 years, can tell you that you'd get your fingers smacked in school with a steel ruler when you invented words, and the "un" words were the worst.
No way you would find that word in a 25 year old Oxford dictionary.
If they sold out too, then I've lost respect for them as well.
What would be the purpose to add a new word like unsatisfied, when we already had a perfectly good word, dissatisfied?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
What makes you think talking about the word unsatisfied is off track. The word is one of the choices in the poll!!!!!:surprised

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
If you learn your English from American TV, press or even worse, George Bush, you will be speaking a different language that what we speak.

I normally do not defend Bush but in that article it was not him who mentioned the word unsatisfied but ABC news, who according to you should know better.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And Nals you meant dissatisfied, not unsatisfied. Unsatisfied takes you back to the pervert poll again.....................;)

I would refer the honourable gentlemen to that which I said two pages ago..............;)

There are actually two separate words unsatisfied and dissatisfied but they have two different meanings The opposite of satisfied is dissatisfied whereas unsatisfied signifies an unmet need, like an itch waiting to be scratched, or a thirst waiting to be slaked or a sexual need waiting to be..........well, you get the point I'm sure.

All of this is most dissatisfactory..........:laugh:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I would refer the honourable gentlemen to that which I said two pages ago..............;)

There are actually two separate words unsatisfied and dissatisfied but they have two different meanings The opposite of satisfied is dissatisfied whereas unsatisfied signifies an unmet need, like an itch waiting to be scratched, or a thirst waiting to be slaked or a sexual need waiting to be..........well, you get the point I'm sure.

All of this is most dissatisfactory..........:laugh:

So the word unsatisfied exist after all.:cheeky: