broadband access via Verizon , anyone?

Sep 19, 2005
has anyone used the cell phone broad band access feature of their verizon account with a laptop in the DR?
I am wondering if they cover the DR...I know i can get service with my cell phone...and I can get a plan where I get a cheaper rate than the normal $1.69 per minute.....But i was know Verizon has a seperate plan for their wireless broadband network......They have a coverage "area", which i cant seem to locate as of yet.....but I thought I d throw it out there to all the jet setters who make frequent trips and have a laptop they take.

Its only $59 per month in the US.....if you already have a verizon cell phone account.. that gives unlimted access in america...so i am hoping they have SOME kind of plan for the DR area.....hoping to hear from someone

thanks

bob

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hey Bob, I've not heard of a plan. But I will see what I can find out, I have a meeting with Verizon on Monday.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Using a Sierra wireless AirCard 555 from Verizon and get coverage over most of the country, basically anywhere Verizon phones reach, but it is
pretty slow, yes. I hear Centennial is less expensive and about same service. any info on that? or ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
One of our DR1 members had to use the Verizon service out in the boonies through his cellphone, and it was slow like dial up.

Sep 19, 2005
in the absence of cable lines or other direct wired internet service, or the ridiculous cost of satelite internet service....slow cell phone service is the only option for the area I want to get it. At least that is some of the information I am looking for.....it is available.....Is it a plan that has to be signed up for?...or do you burn minutes or pesos off a pre paid card?

bob