Decree/crackdown questions...??

wil

Oct 12, 2003
profiles.yahoo.com
I am coming back for my 6th trip. I like to travel about from the SD area up through Monte Plata, Cotui and to Semana. I know things are different since the change, but am I to expect to be roadblocked and searched all through my travels? I rent a car, and travel alone, and don't don't do drugs or weapons. Looking forward to coming back. Wil

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've not heard of serious slowdowns, or hassles. I think you can expect the occassional stop but not constant.

Enjoy your trip.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wil. You will be fine.

The decree is for after hours sales of alcoholic beverages. During the weekdays the cap is 12 a.m. during the weekends it's 2 a.m. So this means clubs/bars have to close at those times.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
SD - Saman?

I am coming back for my 6th trip. I like to travel about from the SD area up through Monte Plata, Cotui and to Semana. ..I rent a car, and travel alone...

Travel during the day and take your time.
Thus you'll be fine.
Unless you need to go to Monte Plata and your destination is Saman? you should choose a different route.

m'frog

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Uk Driver

Travel during the day and take your time.
Thus you'll be fine.
Unless you need to go to Monte Plata and your destination is Saman? you should choose a different route.

m'frog

I drove for 21 days in D/R seen plenty of police stop checks but did not get stopped once . thought they stopped me once but just waved me on ,i did not drive late in the night only in the day as M/FROG stated drive in the day time.

wil

Oct 12, 2003
profiles.yahoo.com
Samana, right

Thanks for the spelling correction, I should know that! And thanks for all the replies. I do the Monte Plata route because I know some people there, and yes, the road is sometimes very interesting between there and Cotui, but I enjoy it.