Which resort has good snorkeling?

ratherbefishing

Nov 13, 2006
Hi! I seem to be having a problem finding this answer.....So I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. This is a make or break thing for us. We want to go to the Smana area but would love to have good snorkeling in front of our resort....are there any? Thanks!

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Casa Marina Bay in Las Galeras

Hi! I seem to be having a problem finding this answer.....So I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. This is a make or break thing for us. We want to go to the Smana area but would love to have good snorkeling in front of our resort....are there any? Thanks!
The resort Casa Marina Bay in Las Galeras, might meet your requierments. A few hundred meters west from Casa Marina Bay, on the same Las Galeras beach, is Hotel TodoBlanco, where the manager is a divemaster, stop by and ask where is the best spot.
Someone else might have other Samana resorts to reccomend.

WebDev

JenRob

Mar 27, 2006
You can snorkel right off the beach (no boat required!) in Las Terrenas. Did this in front of Playa Colibri and I understand the same is possible around the point on Playa Popi. Plan to find out this Feb! I take my own gear so don't know if there is a rental place.