Where is the best place for Scuba Diving in RD?

Toronto Girl 11

May 2, 2006
Hello Everyone,

My friend and i are planning on visiting RD in about 2 weeks.
I want to go to RD to party, drink and dance the night away. I know i can pretty much do all of these things anywhere in RD BUT my buddy wants to go to scuba dive.
Can anyone offer some suggestions on where the best places to scuba dive are?

Oh, i have a friend that lives in La Romana so the closer to her the better. I heard that Bayahibe is pretty good. Is this true?

Please advise.

Toronto Girl 11

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Catalina Island

#1 Catalina Island (La Romana/Bayahibe)
#2 Saona Island (La Romana/Bayahibe)

... are usually referenced as the best places to scuba. I've only gone scuba diving a few times in Juan Dolio. Nevertheless, I hope to scuba off of Catalina Island in January.

-Helpmann :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Reefs off bayahibe. Sharks - Catalinita. Good wrecks - near the airport. Amazing diving on the Hiatian border near Pedernales. Deep speciality diving (trimix, rebreathers) Juan Dolio - new dive school US owned.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
I'm a snorkeler, not a diver, but I've heard that the best diving is at Catalinita Island and the Wall at Catalina. There are wrecks too, but I haven't heard as much about them. I have a map of the wrecks, and there are lots of them!

Kaki

kckid

Feb 26, 2007
I have had good service from scubafun for my trip to Bayahibe. They have done some nice things for me. Price... hotel reservation, etc...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
From a diver who's been there, done that (not me -PapaTony)........

ALL of the above!! Some nice cavern/cave diving near Boca Chica also if you go with someone who knows where to go!