Private Driver and Shopping

Barko

Apr 16, 2006
We will be staying ay Secrets from 11/26- 12/06. I would like to take advantage of the lower pricers for rum,cigars, and I'm also looking for a couple of Dominican baseball jerseys. Is it worth hiring a driver, to buy these items? I'm also open to any suggestions to drivers, that others have used. One other question, would it be better to hire a driver on the way back to the airport, and buy some 5L of (Gregg) rum and cigars on the way home?

Driver

definitely, hire a taxi and have him take you to cortecito and the Super Mercado amelia for rum and Domenico cigars behind Plaza Brisas.

In fact if you look at the website Cigars from Domenico Premium Cigar Manufactory Punta Cana & Puerto Plata - Manufacturer of Dominican handmade Cigars,Zigarren,Cigarren, 0rder online and call the phone number Karl will send a driver to bring you to the Cigar manufacturing facility to view the production, purchase cigars and stop at a Super Mercado on the way back for rum. 809-772-6873 and tell Karl "hlywud" told you to call about a tour and pickup, but don't be cheap like some tourist do, take the tour, smoke a freebie then f...off without buying some real decent Dominican cigars

Can't ask for a better deal than that.

Barko

Apr 16, 2006
Thank you, and he would send a driver, all the way to Secrets? I trully appeciate the suggestion

sfrank

Nov 28, 2006
I am certain Karl will send you a driver, get a couple of other guest to come with you and really make it worth his while.

Karl is a great guy and real gentleman. Do lunch at jalpeno's is another suggestion, very close to Karl's

Where is Jalpeno's and what do they serve?