My trip to sosua

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
just got back from 6 days in sosua. i stayed at the del delfin and notice that there are quite a bit of changes going on in the bar scene. i saw where the ex-voodoo lounge was set to open soon as well as a little dance floor in the back of sosua life bar. i visitied the velvet glove and only the first floor seems to be half done, a work in progress, i hear there may be a strip club on the 2nd floor with a massage place on the third floor. LePassions is still nice with the dancing poles adding a new flavor to the place. Clasico disco is well, the clasico. i notice that i see more dominican men in there that 5 months ago and the quality of women not too good. it seems that there are a lot more haitian people around in sosua these days including lots of women out at night. not really my cup of tea those haitian women. castle burger was not bad and the guy running the place seemed real nice.

other than my nightlife adventures i went to san fran de macoris, saona, samana, nagua and santiago. i may get brave and rent a vehicle next time but caribe tours is wonderful when you want to get around.

that's a wrap....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Short and sweet. Those with similar interests will be well informed. Thanks for posting.

HB

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
HB, i could have talked about all the stuff like food, history, day trips and sightseeing, but i thought i would post for those who want the "good stuff" on sosua...LOL

believe me i love the DR for a lot of reasons besides the "good stuff".

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
Velvet Glove?

Where is this? Is this the new place just up from the Europa, on the opposite side of the street?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Where is this? Is this the new place just up from the Europa, on the opposite side of the street?

It is past Europa, past Club R and on the other side of the street. Velvet Glove is no different than the rest of the clubs.

Premier

Aug 8, 2003
I?ve been to Sousa 4x this year, and it will be 5x by the time the year is over. By process of elimination, I figured this must be the place. If Bigbird is right, and it isn?t different from the rest of the clubs, then I don?t know how it?s gonna make it? Then again, I still scratch my head every time I walk by places like ?Seacrets? wondering the same thing?

Sep 19, 2005
aahhh the older days.....Like before last summer......seemed I had a yearning for the good stuff info .....these days........ahh I hate to say content....but I have accepted the fact that I look forward to the sightseeing stuff actually more and more......little nooks and crannys my girlfriends doesnt even know about.......

I am still waiting to hear about larry's adventures....if they ever begin

but since I will be going to Sosua, (although joined at the hip)..Ill consider the information gathered here for my nightlife activities

bob

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Where to stop

aahhh the older days.....Like before last summer......seemed I had a yearning for the good stuff info .....these days........ahh I hate to say content....but I have accepted the fact that I look forward to the sightseeing stuff actually more and more......little nooks and crannys my girlfriends doesnt even know about.......

I am still waiting to hear about larry's adventures....if they ever begin

but since I will be going to Sosua, (although joined at the hip)..Ill consider the information gathered here for my nightlife activities

bob

Good bunch of people in town this week. The Britannia is always an excellent and cozy place to bring yourself and the other half for a nice drink, good music and great people. Later, if you wish to live it up a little, stop by Big Lou's Shark Bar. He is really doing a heck of a job and has really got himself a great thing going there.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i agree dominicanscotty. i eat at a different place on pedro clisante almost every night and it's great. i kind of favor the german places like schnitzel paradise and the other one near sosua life bar. but again the food in sosua is excellent.
i found myself doing other things this last trip. i went to Mel's tours and did bacardi island, catamaran trip, POP city tour, glass bottom boat tour at playa sosua, day trip to SFM (wow those ladies), etc.
i think it is safe to say that after 7 trips, i'm almost ready to settle down, find me a nice mujer to visit on a regular visit. (am i crazy ?)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i think it is safe to say that after 7 trips, i'm almost ready to settle down, find me a nice mujer to visit on a regular visit. (am i crazy ?)

No, you are not crazy. It doesn't take long to burn yourself out from the "nightlife". Once you do, that is when you "really" begin to enjoy the beauty of the Island.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
kyle, before reading the post mentioning Meltours, I was wondering how you did all that traveling in 6 days!

So..how did you like the "other stuff" (sightseeing) vs. Sosua...?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
David,

i just booked the tours the day i got there. most of the tours you are back in sosua by 7 or so. then go out and eat at night. catamaran, POP, bacardi island--3 day tours. glass bottom boat is like every 30 minutes at sosua beach and the SFM trip was another day. its easy but just don't drink too many beers at night.
overall sosua is a very nice quaint town.
on this forum i'm beginning to get a rep of being a chica-chaser but in fact i do quite a lot when i'm in sosua besides chica chase. i now bring down school supplies for kids.

have fun !!