Joan Guzman - Dominican Jr. Featherweight Boxing Champion

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
I see that Joan Guzman will be defending his WBO Super Featherweight Title on 12/18 at Palacio Virgilio Travieso Soto in Santo Domingo. I plan on heading down from NYC for a few days to catch this fight, does anyone know how to 1. confirm this fight is happening (fight details are sketchy, no matter what country), 2. get tickets.... is there a Dominican version of ticketmaster?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I see that Joan Guzman will be defending his WBO Super Featherweight Title on 12/18 at Palacio Virgilio Travieso Soto in Santo Domingo. I plan on heading down from NYC for a few days to catch this fight, does anyone know how to 1. confirm this fight is happening (fight details are sketchy, no matter what country), 2. get tickets.... is there a Dominican version of ticketmaster?

Didn't he just fight a couple of weeks ago. That would be very soon for another fight.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Como

Didn't he just fight a couple of weeks ago. That would be very soon for another fight.
He last fought on September 16th, if I am not mistaken. A little over a couple of weeks.

The guy has a lot of potential. I just hope he stops "swinging to the fences" and leaving himself wide-open so much.

Trust me, with a good fighter, he will NOT be able to get away with it.

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
By the time he fights again it will have been a little over 3 months since his last fight. Barrios barely touched Guzman in his fight, and in the fight before that he wasn't touched either. Talk about a slick boxer....

Anyway, as far as getting tickets... any ideas?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
He last fought on September 16th, if I am not mistaken. A little over a couple of weeks.

The guy has a lot of potential. I just hope he stops "swinging to the fences" and leaving himself wide-open so much.

Trust me, with a good fighter, he will NOT be able to get away with it.
Yea you're right. I have his last fight recorded on my receiver and was watching it the other night. Didn't realize it was taped a while back. Anyway, he's a good little fighter let's hope they air it on satellite or cable.