Boca Chica - The other Beach?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
While driving around my last morning in Boca Chica I found a different beach. The beach is located about 3 miles west of the western end of Playa Boca Chica. There is a main road that leads back to the hwy at the western end of Playa Boca Chica. If you follow this road for about 2 miles you come to a circle in the road with a gazebo located in the middle. Make a left at the circle and go a quarter mile to the beach. There is a marina and dry dock storage located here. The beach has wooden tables and chairs with thatched roofs. Different sections the tables and chairs are painted different colors. In the same area are two open air clubs.

Is this a public beach area?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
That is Playa Andres de Boca Chica, and all beaches are public.
You will not find any tourists on that beach.

tambo

A

apostropheman

just me sometimes. i spent some time there last month. :bunny::bunny::bunny:
That is Playa Andres de Boca Chica, and all beaches are public.
You will not find any tourists on that beach.

tambo

A

apostropheman

They allow banana hammocks down there?

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

tambo
hell no!

i was wearing jeans most times...hardly even saw shorts let alone a guy in a speedo or thong...thank God!:paranoid::cheeky::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
While in Boca Chica two weeks ago I went with a local friend to this beach for drinks and had the best afternoon. As stated no bathing suits and I was the only tourist all local people drinking, dancing and having a great time. Will go back in February again for sure. I was in the bar right across the street from the beach at the marina. Don't know the name but remember where it is. They also had chairs and tables they served on the beach. Can't wait to be back in the D.R.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
While in Boca Chica two weeks ago I went with a local friend to this beach for drinks and had the best afternoon.

Did you go a weekday or on the weekend. I will back in the DR mid January and am thinking about spending a Sunday afternoon there.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
To be honest with you I am not positive as I was there for 2 weeks. It was just a spontainous afternnon. But I am pretty sure it was a Sunday Nov 5th with the 6th of Nov being constitution day so it was really busy. But I had a great afternoon with mi amigo

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
If you read my blog regularly (altho' not recently) I had a picture of the marina/dry dock area up some time ago.
So this is another 'tourist' that visits there!

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
So finally someone found that beach, let's wait for the gringo invasion. Actually it's a part of my bicycle track, along the beach over to the Mega Port, up to the Auto Pista and through San Andres, back at the roundabout turn up to the highway again and cross over to the other side. No lazy tourists here in the middle of nowhere, even the dogs are friendly.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
someone correct me if i am wrong...but isnt this the stretch of beach that starts at the end of boca chica and goes nearly to the marina?

If so..its a cool place...its quiet and friendly...but the swimming isnt so great (watch out for the sea urchins).

It is desolate durring the week...but is jammed packed on sunday.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
If you are staying in Boca Chica, its definitely worth catching a concho to that part of the beach, also a pretty nice typico to grab beers and hear music.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you are staying in Boca Chica, its definitely worth catching a concho to that part of the beach, also a pretty nice typico to grab beers and hear music.

I just lucked out and found this beach. Is the beach for swimming or just hanging out drinking Prezs? I plan to go on a Sunday in January.

Last edited:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Both

I just lucked out and found this beach. Is the beach for swimming or just hanging out drinking Prezs? I plan to go on a Sunday in January.

Have a nice cold one and then cool off in the big swimming pool. Enjoyment without a lot of tourists and vendors trying to sell you octopus.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Have a nice cold one and then cool off in the big swimming pool. Enjoyment without a lot of tourists and vendors trying to sell you octopus.

That is just what I plan to do! The beach is a beautiful. I loved it the moment I stepped out of the car.

danely

Apr 23, 2004
If you are all going there, please, blend in with the locals, wear your underwear at the beach..that's briefs, not boxers !!

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Ha Ha to funny danely: You are so right who needs a bathing suit when you have briefs on!!! My friends that I have in the dominican would not think of wearing nothing but shorts to swim in though. But who really cares anyway.I know I had a great Sunday afternoon here. Can't wait to be back in February!!