vacation with a dog.....

maria astrid

Nov 19, 2006
At the beginning of March we are planning to go for one week to DR.We have to take our dog (boxer) with us.
Please,please help us to find a dog friendly resort !!
Thanks
Astrid

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
At the beginning of March we are planning to go for one week to DR.We have to take our dog (boxer) with us.
Please,please help us to find a dog friendly resort !!
Thanks
Astrid

Good luck with that problem..I suggest you find a good kennel to leave the dog at since it will be only for a week...You do want to enjoy your week ..I have a dog who is like a family member and for only a week your talking about paying for a shipping space if your airline permits it unless this is a puppy that will fit in an under seat carrier..Plus thes cost of the exam and up to date shots not to mention the paperwork with customs..If I were you i would re-consider doing this..It's only a week.................

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
We have a two year boxer and have traveled with him three times (Cabarete, Pedernales and Salinas), but we have always gotten permission first. The smaller hotels may accept him if you email ahead. The resorts will not take him (all-inclusive). I would check out some place in Samana, because there are many French owners there, and French people are more open to dog-lovers.

My recommendation would be to find a good kennel and leave him at home if you will only be traveling for a week. While you may find a hotel, the problem is that you will be very limited in where you can go to eat and travel, and the dog will suffer from the flight.

Boxers look like pit bulls so everyone is scared of them.

We love our boxer, Mr. Jay, so understand your wanting to bring him along.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I just got a house in la Romana Casa de Campo! I am planing to hop from P.R were i live for days and weekends and I love my dog more than anything and i hate Kennels because every time i pick my dog she gets sick for at least a couple days after i pick her up! I was told from people that have houses in Casa de campo and take there dogs for long and short trips tell me that you need to have all the shots up to date and a health certificate that is no old than 10 days prior to flight. I have been told by some people that in order to bring that dog back to the U.S O r Puerto Rico you must have another certificate form a vet in the D.R prior to flying. My question if am just going for some days not even a week i must get another health certificate to re-enter the U.S when the one that i have in my hand is only a couple of days old. Please advise and describe the process please!!!!