Dominican Driver's license test..Is it offered in English?

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
I will be attempting to take my test for my DR license..Only problem is ..I don't read spanish very well..I was a Professional Tractor Trailer driver in the US for 23 years but now I am faced with taking a test I won't be able to read.Do they offer an english version or if not do the permit a translator to be present...Does anyone know for sure about this...??

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
English wasn't an option five years ago when I got mine. I have nothing more current.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Zak...don't you worry, its not hard at all........

.....just look at all the terrible drivers in the DR...the majority should have flunked and been banned for life from the roads.

Just go to the test, do whatever you want....and they will pass you! You just have to show them you know how to use the directional blinkers of a vehicle....they have never seen that trick here in this country.

I would say "good luck" but you won't need it...you are a "lock".

dms

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Do they allow a translator to be present or am I wishing for the impossible?
How hard is the test?

As far as know they do not allow it at for the multi-choice test.
They are not going to fail you, just smile and ask them to help you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My Dominican Wife Took The Test

She went to "Drivers Training" first. Now THERE is an "OXIMORON!"
After about 10 "lessons" It was the "Big Day!" Her teacher told her to take 500 pesos with her, and to give it to the guy who gave her the driving test. Well, Guess What???? She PASSED!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"What A Country!!!!!"

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
I got my Dominican republic Drivers licence last year. All Spanish, multiple choice questions on a computer. Most of it is easy to understand. If I wasn't sure I asked the girl there if my answer was correct/incorrect... If she gave me a thumbs down signal I changed my answer accordingly. I got 85% in the theory, no problem \with the practical.... My wife flunked the theory. The girl wouldn't help her! Har de har har..... Canadian Bob.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Thanks to the crew who replied..

dms3611 Your answer brought a smile to my face...

Robert Hopefully it will be easy enough as you say..Providing I get a woman to give me the test..I'll let you know in Jan.07..

Criss Colon You are right I should not worry because there is that extra little tip you can give to help you along..

Canadian Bob Thanks for your input..Hopefull where I go for my test there will be a woman handling my test....LOL.

Since I am in the South West where do I have to go for the license..Barahona or Santo Domingo?

Thanks, Drew