Dominican members who are you?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Im a happy camper here in DR1. Learning, laughing and hopefully contributing something about life.

I'm curious to know who the Dominican born members are here. I know of a few like El Tigre and NALs, but only because they have identified themselves in previous posts. So for the others step forward and identify yourselves.

Info will not be turned over to immigration

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Info will not be turned over to immigration

AHildalgo,

You always say alot in few words.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My name is Mirador, and I'm Dominican by nationality and ancestry (Azua and San Juan de la Maguana), born in Venezuela (so, dual nationality). I take this opportunity to humbly state that I've been off the teetotaler wagon since I can remember, probably all my life. Currently, I'm drinking Bohemia beer, however, my favorite drink is Barcelo Añejo on the rocks topped with fresh coconut water. My advise? it is better to trust a known drunk than an anonymous alcoholic...

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
My name is Mirador, and I'm Dominican by nationality and ancestry (Azua and San Juan de la Maguana), born in Venezuela (so, dual nationality). I take this opportunity to humbly state that I've been off the teetotaler wagon since I can remember, probably all my life. Currently, I'm drinking Bohemia beer, however, my favorite drink is Barcelo A?ejo on the rocks topped with fresh coconut water. My advise? it is better to trust a known drunk than an anonymous alcoholic...

I'll drink to that. It is better to trust a known than an unknown.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
And I'm The Kid, aplatanao by birth in the city of Hig?ey, La Altagracia province, and nincompoop by choice; I give the word 'loser' a new meaning, and I make women smater: "I used to date Joseito, but then I got smart and dumped him."

My only claim to fame is not knowing diddly squat about anything.

And when I get tired of my username, I'll come back as Diogenes Pendergast.

-Joseito

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me, me, me....

I lived in Los Molinos, Villa Duarte (same as the second best Dominican salsero, imo, Raulin Rosendo), Santo Domingo, until I was 11.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Hidalgo I was born in the Capital but grew up in a small town very close to Haiti called Manzanillo, Pepillo Salcedo. I live in beautiful Los Angeles, CA since 1992 and love DR1!

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
Sobre mi....

Live in NYC - Born in US to Dominican parents from Santiago....

Love everything there is about my country and its people..very proud to call myself Dominicana! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
My passion is dancing our music, bachata, merengue y perico ripiao! Could dance all night long (hasta los anuncios!);)

Estoy anciosa de seguir conociendo los demas Dominicanos! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

pi?acolada

Mar 9, 2005
I was born in Salcedo. After high school I came to Santo Domingo to attend university, went to live in Canada for 5 years (Montreal and Halifax) and moved back to my loved country 2 years ago.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
aguaita!! igualita que yo

Live in NYC - Born in US to Dominican parents from Santiago....

Love everything there is about my country and its people..very proud to call myself Dominicana! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
My passion is dancing our music, bachata, merengue y perico ripiao! Could dance all night long (hasta los anuncios!);)

Estoy anciosa de seguir conociendo los demas Dominicanos! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Born in NYC from Dominican parents from un campo of San Jose de Las Matas in "Ei Cibao" -Santiago. Love dancing merengue de tierra adentro (perico ripiao) too. Me encanta el campo.:cheeky:

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Hasta la tambora

Born in the USA--highly respect this country and appreciate all the opportunities I've been given here these 22 years of my life...also appreciate what it has given my parents who have lived the american dream and now can't wait to retire and live a relaxing life back in their homeland, the Dominicana Republic. I love the DR w/ a passion for all the pros and cons...and am waiting for the time it can offer me a good paying job that allows me to live comfortably...ideally have enough money to build schools 4 the poor (clich?, i know...but so?ar no cuesta nada).

Things I love of the DR: music (listening to Juan Luis Guerra right now--aint he great??), food, nature, good people, the fact that time is often not relevant...but life and people ARE.

jose

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
Born in NYC from Dominican parents from un campo of San Jose de Las Matas in "Ei Cibao" -Santiago. Love dancing merengue de tierra adentro (perico ripiao) too. Me encanta el campo.:cheeky:

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:
Aguaita!!! Loca, yo tambien soy de un campo de Santiago...Hato del Yaque!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I was born in Santiago. Grew up in Buenos Aires and came to the USA when I was 11.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Mucho Santiagueros!

Yo tambien sol de por ahi, donde le llaman Gurabito. creo que el caco pelao (Hippo) proviene del mimo sitio.
Pues si, Nos mudamos a la capitai cuando tenia sei a?o y depue nos fuimos pa nueva yol en el 1963 depue que mataran a Trujillo.
Yo vivo en Maryland pero me quiero mudal pa Santiago otra ve. quiza en do o tres a?o. Quien sabe.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Yo tambien sol de por ahi, donde le llaman Gurabito. creo que el caco pelao (Hippo) proviene del mimo sitio.
Pues si, Nos mudamos a la capitai cuando tenia sei año y depue nos fuimos pa nueva yol en el 1963 depue que mataran a Trujillo.
Yo vivo en Maryland pero me quiero mudal pa Santiago otra ve. quiza en do o tres año. Quien sabe.

Hilarious, if you could only translate it with accents and all for our gringo members.:laugh:

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A gringa who found it hilarious too. :laugh: Thanks to a Dominican buddy who recently explained Cibao accents to me after I'd struggled & given up trying to understand Hippo on TV. Hey - it's a lot easier when it's written. ;)

Moderator, delete if you want to. After all I'm not Dominican, although after reading some stuff elsewhere, there sure are days I wish I was...........

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
A gringa who found it hilarious too. :laugh: Thanks to a Dominican buddy who recently explained Cibao accents to me after I'd struggled & given up trying to understand Hippo on TV. Hey - it's a lot easier when it's written. ;)

Moderator, delete if you want to. After all I'm not Dominican, although after reading some stuff elsewhere, there sure are days I wish I was...........

They better not touch your post, you are not only an adopted daughter of the DR but a beautiful person.:cheeky:

Last edited:
May 31, 2005
I am Dominican. I was born in Haina. My family is from Palenque and San Cristobal. My grandparents moved to Haina when they were young.