JetBlue NY to STI- lands at 428AM?

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
Has anyone taken the flight to sti from ny leaving 1150PM, arriving in sti at 428AM? Whats the airport in sti like at that time? Are taxis available at the airport? Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's pretty quiet compared to the daytime. the taxi drivers know the airport schedule so they are waiting for this flight and others....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
it's pretty quiet compared to the daytime. the taxi drivers know the airport schedule so they are waiting for this flight and others....

Great times!! you could be having breakfast in Santiago, and have the rest of the day to enjoy, wow. I love those early flights, you can do so much and then coming back I like the late flights, so I can enjoy my time as much as possible.

Melora

Sep 5, 2006
We took this flight 2 weeks ago. Was pretty quiet at that time, but don't worry about taxis, they're will be enough. There is also a small food counter on the 2nd floor once you get outside that will be open where you can have a seat and get something to drink / eat.

From my personal experience, if you have nowhere to go in Santiago, or just need a cab to the bus stop, I would suggest waiting for the sun to rise till you get into town. Thats what we did and was glad about it because i didnt really like the "feeling" of the city at 7am. I did like it tough in the afternoon :cool: Trip report should be post tonight if I can get home early or tomorrow!

EMTuKnowMe

Nov 15, 2006
Thanks for replies!

Thanks to all who replied! I hope that after my trip I will be able to contribute more constructively to the DR1 board.

I plan on staying at the Gran Almirante or the Mariott. I have heard of early check ins before, but, since I arrive at about 5AM, is anyone familiar with hotel policies of checking in at that hour?

If checking in at that time isnt an option for the hotel, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in Santiago until I actually can check in?

Thank you, everyone. -EMT