Politicised public sector - any studies out there?

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
As everyone knows, every four years the entire public sector goes through a revolution, as people are given jobs in return for votes/favours/friendships etc.

My question is: Has anyone done any study on this to work out what percentage of jobs this affects, the effect on the economy etc?

In my opinion, the lack of a competant, experienced public sector is the single biggest constraint to the development of the DR, but I need to prove it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
As everyone knows, every four years the entire public sector goes through a revolution, as people are given jobs in return for votes/favours/friendships etc.

My question is: Has anyone done any study on this to work out what percentage of jobs this affects, the effect on the economy etc?

In my opinion, the lack of a competant, experienced public sector is the single biggest constraint to the development of the DR, but I need to prove it.
^^^I agree 100%. An effectice Civil Service system-and ditching the current patron system- would be the single quickest way to bring some "order" to the DR governmental bureaucracy. This is a trait of the 1st World.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Local government?

I have a home and family in Sosua, and I have no idea how the local government functions or is structured. My full time residence is in New York, but my adopted family is Dominican and lives full time in Sosua and I plan to move there in the not to distant future.

I see things happening, like roads being repaired and police being assigned different tasks, but i have no idea where those decisions are made. Is there a city council, a mayor, a DA, a budget?

How can I learn about my local government? - D