Dominicans in Sofia, Bulgaria...

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Are there any Dominicans in Bulgaria?? (apart from me and my two Dominican friends)...we are in Sofia, so if any compatriot is around there let me know so we can meet.

Peace in the middle east...

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Sofia? Wow!

Forgive me my friend. But I can't help but be amazed as to why any Dominican would want to live in Bulgaria of all places!
Please satisfy my curiosity and do tell what brought y'all there in the first place and what you find attractive about this mysterious country.

People warm? Weather cold?......Or is it the other way around?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all my bulgarian friends are pretty! but they live abroad.
and the weather is good, hard to believe but bulgaria is a tourist destination for eastern europe...
have fan, guys, and enjoy life there...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Some dominican friend of mine was in spain and called me from there that a bulgarian friend of her had come to santiago in her absence. So if I would be kind enough to keep him in my house for a few days untill she comes back. Like a sucker, I said YES.
He shows up, sick with some stomach virus. Goes to bed and sleeps for a whole day.
Then when I bring him food, turns out he is vegetarian. So I had to get veggies for him. Which means, I had to cook for him. He continued to stay in bed and when he got well, he started to play sick. It was obvious, he had no money and no where to go. He would stay home and watch TV all day and when I would come home, he would get in the bed and play sick.
Now how could I throw out a sick man on the street? This went on for 5 weeks and my dominican friend was no where to be reached to come and pick up her friend. Now I knew why she was avoiding me and him.
So after 5 weeks, I asked him to leave. He finally made contact with someone and went to stay in their house. I think he got thrown out from there as well because the guy didn't want to work to make money. I remember offering him a job in my building where I work. They were painting the building and needed a person. he refused immediately because he is too sick to work.
Well that was the only bulgarian I ever knew.
Thanks god.
AZB

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
wow AZB, that bad huh?? Well so far Bulgarians have been nice...there will always be AH's no matter in what country you are, but overall they've been nice, let's see how that goes as time passes by.

Compared to dominicanas, there is no way I can compare at the moment. Need some time, haven't fully done research on that area, but will keep you posted.

J0108

Aug 8, 2008
Saludos desde Sofia

Saludos, soy dominicana. y vivo en Sofia...y ando buscando dominicanos aqui...vi tu anuncio en este site...aparte de ti conoces mas dominicanos viviendo aqui?

Jen.-

rmendezlemos

Sep 8, 2009
hola, tengo planes de ir de vacaciones en octubre a sofia...me gustaria encontrarme con algun dominicano que viva alla...saludos.

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Vacaciones a Bulgaria??

hola, tengo planes de ir de vacaciones en octubre a sofia...me gustaria encontrarme con algun dominicano que viva alla...saludos.

Y como decidiste Bulgaria para un destino vacacional? Vienes a Sofia?

Aqui hay un grupito de Dominicanos...asi que cuando vayas a arrancar me mandas un privado y te doy mi numero pa que nos pongamos en contacto.

Oni..

DominicanBulgarian

Sep 14, 2009
Saludos,

Soy dominicano casado con una bulgara y vivimos en los Estados Unidos. Hemos visitado Bulgaria dos veces. La primera vez fue durante el verano, y fuimos a las playas del mar negro. Fue una experiencia muy bonita. La segunda vez fue durante el invierno y como ha de esperarse muy frio. Ella es de un pueblecito que se llama Kurzhuli (creo que se deletrea asi), pero tiene familiares viviendo en Sofia. Tenemos planes de ir de nuevo en el verano del proximo ano.

Hi,

I am a Dominican married to a Bulgarian living in the U.S. We 've been to Bulgaria together twice. The first trip was during the summer, and we went to the black sea cost. It was a wonderful experience. The second time was during the winter, and needless to say it was bitterly cold. She is from Kurzhuli (not sure about the spelling), but has relatives in Sofia. We are planning on gonig again next summer.

DominicanBulgarian

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Black sea coast is very nice indeed. Sunny Beach and Golden Sands remind me of Sosua, Playa Dorada back in the 90's. If I'm still here next summer, maybe we can meet.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Bulgarian women rock! Had a girlfriend from Sofia a few years ago!! Man! I hope you are enjoying yourself!

Mr. Lu

puravida

Sep 16, 2009
Are there any Dominicans in Bulgaria?? (apart from me and my two Dominican friends)...we are in Sofia, so if any compatriot is around there let me know so we can meet.

Peace in the middle east...

Are you still in Sofia? Therea re a few Diminicans here but you might be among the ones I know lol. What is your name? :)