How is snorkelling in Sousa

S

Susanne

We are going to Sousa in the end of february. Does anyone know if it is possible to snorkel from the beach or do you have to rent a boat? Thank You

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
LET ME TELL YOU MY SOSUA SNORKELING STORY. I WAS THERE LAST APRIL. I SAW PEOPLE, NOT TOO OFFSHORE STANDING ON THE REEF. I TOOK MY SNORKEL AND MASK AND STARTED OUT. WELL ABOUT HALF WAY THERE I LOOKED OUT AND FELT I COULDN'T MAKE IT, IT WAS A LOT FARTHER THAN IT LOOKED. KNOW WHAT? I COULDN'T MAKE IT BACK EITHER, I WAS TOO FAR OUT, NO LIFE GUARD, I'M IN TROUBLE. I TOUGHED IT OUT AND MADE IT OUT TO THE REEF. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT GO ON ONE OF THE BOAT RENTALS. YOU'LL HAVE DRINKS, LUNCH, A NICE RIDE AND DO SOME GREAT SNORKELING. YOU CAN SNORKEL CLOSE TO SHORE, BUT ALL YOU'LL SEE ARE FAT WOMENS LEGS AND SMALL FISH.

T

thomas

If you go to the Sosua Public Beach there are plenty of places to rent snorkel, mask and fins. There is plenty of beauty - rock formations, schools of fishes, etc - very close to the beach. I have been to the beach many times but never snorkeled until this past summer and it was beautiful. If you prefer, there is a boat that goes out to a reef that I hear is terrific. Next visit I may try it.

D

David (U.K)

I went to Sosua unprepared for snorkelling I went to look round but it was so hot I went to the beach instead and this girl showed me this gigantic shell she'd just found so I ran in myself but couldn't find any no mask you see. But if you take one i'm sure you'll enjoy this calm (but very hot) bay.