Sankies and Safe Sex

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
Hi everyone

I am a graduate student writing my thesis on sanky pankies, female tourists and safe sex in the DR.

In particular I am interested in finding out more about condom use between women tourists who have had intimate relations with sankies, or local men. I promise to use any information that is provided for the purpose of my master's thesis and not for public uses. Because this is a fairly new and emerging phenomenon, I am interested in understanding if female tourism and sex in the DR could lead to a new area of research in public health.

If you're interested in sharing this information you can e-mail me at Thesis.carib@gmail.com or you can add to this thread, depending on your own personal comfort level.

Thanks!
Grad student in NYC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It is well known that sankies will go where the money is, even if it's a male doing the asking.
That being said, they might be prone to fatal diseases (aids).
I would suggest that sankie lovers make them double wrap it.

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
In conducting my research, I have learned that, as in many relationships, frequency of condom use decreases as the number of sexual encounters increases. Also, studies on sex work in general have shown that when sex workers are familiar with their "client" or partner, a sense of trust builds...condoms are associated with "clients," not partners. This increases the possibility of transmission of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In conducting my research, I have learned that, as in many relationships, frequency of condom use decreases as the number of sexual encounters increases. Also, studies on sex work in general have shown that when sex workers are familiar with their "client" or partner, a sense of trust builds...condoms are associated with "clients," not partners. This increases the possibility of transmission of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
Perhaps the number one rule should be to not have any unsafe sex, until both partners have had HIV tests.

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
Hi Rocky...totally agree, but this is an ideal. Its an interesting case with sanky pankies because they don't see themselves as "sanky pankies" or as sex workers, so it's hard to know the level of risk.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi Rocky...totally agree, but this is an ideal. Its an interesting case with sanky pankies because they don't see themselves as "sanky pankies" or as sex workers, so it's hard to know the level of risk.
Frankly, I have very little info or knowledge, and you will get better advice from others.
I guess I was just trying to get you started, with the tiny amount of info I have.
I'm sure you will get tons of good advice from those who are "in the know".

GradStudentNYC

Nov 25, 2006
Makes sense...

Only on the gringa side.... ;)

On the sankie side instilling trust in his victims in a short time is part of the sankie business.

Other stuff is irrelevant.

m'frog

Good point...it's in the interest of the sankie to make sure that trust and confianza is felt by the female tourist...

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Who would understand what you are talking about, and why you chose this topic for your thesis. I don't get it. :ermm:

Sankies that work in resorts get tested for HIV when they first get hired to work in resorts. I don't know if there are follow up tests required and if so how often. I'll see if I can find out.

Sankies perform sex on the fly and if you (the tourist) doesn't have a condom, they won't.

If you go to a cabana, they provide them for you.

Trust and condom use go hand in hand. As mentioned, having unprotected sex in this day in age is stupid, especially with a one timer on a vacation.

shootingstar2790

May 15, 2006
www.kassiecollett.piczo.com
this might just be my own oppinion but the animation team member who tried to bed me had a condom and put it on straight away.... maybe it was cause i am so young... but it didnt put me at ease it made me question why this guy carried around a condom with him at work..... but hey thats just me and i was in the dark about sankies at the time!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Sankies that work in resorts get tested for HIV when they first get hired to work in resorts.

Nonsense.
This is a myth which both the sankies and the sex seeking gringas perpetuate.
The former because of business reasons, the latter because of calming themselves and fooling others.

m'frog

Last edited by a moderator:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Sankie State U?

Out of curiosity, why do you think information gleaned from anonymous subjects on a public message board would be authentic? Data collected for research purposes must adhere to some qualitative and quantitive methods which obviously would be unsubstantiated from a public message board. I'm a little doubtful :ermm:

I'm extremely doubtful. I can't imagine any university in New York City or anywhere in the academic world that would permit their graduate students to collect information in this manner. Normally you sit down with the interview subject get informed consent, right to publish, details about how the information will be used, how the identity will be protected, information about the method etc. Which university are you with? Who is your faculty advisor?

~Margaret

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm taking a wild guess here that maybe it's about condom use in general and by doing a web search she came up with DR1 many many times as we have discussed this subject a few dozen times and perhaps having read the rules about every subject having to have a DR content ( not like some people we know :rolleyes: ) she has gone with sankie pankie.

But let's wait for her answer. ;)

Look at her words carefully

I am interested in understanding if female tourism and sex in the DR could lead to a new area of research in public health.

Last edited: