Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
why is it that most hotels in the DR -never seem to answer e-mail ? they have a website that gives you a reservation form to fill in, you send it in and never a sound out of them. i'm trying to make a reservation in january in BC but no hotels have answered my e-mails. i guess i need to phone them ?

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
It's a Hobby...

In general, businessmen don't move to the Carribean to make money; they move to retire.

If an ex-pat is running a hotel, bar, restaurant, real estate business, or apparel shop in a tourist city like Sosua or Boca Chica, I tend to believe that their business is more of a hobby than their sole means of living.

BTW: Which hotel(s) did you email in Boca Chica?

-Helpmann :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
will do..right now i'm deciding between staying in BC or SDQ. i love the beach but i need nightlife also...

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Balancing Act...

The BC beach is slow on the weekdays and the nightlife in BC is lame! Nevertheless, my "primary" hotel is always in Boca Chica. Normally, I split my time between BC and SD, and just drive where I need to go in Santo Domingo.

-Helpmann :)

MizCreant

Jul 6, 2006
el candil, el caucho, zapata, europa....

I've been in contact w/ El Candil via e-mail and have not had any problems. Try again, if you care to, to send your El Candil e-mail to Petteri. He has been surprisingly prompt and courteous in all of his replies.

I hope this works for you. El Candil sounds so great and was suggested by several DR1'ers;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hello Miz,

do you have the email addy ? i have been sending emails to the addy listed on the website....

thanks

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
wow thanks for the info. i haven't gotten a response from that email address. now that i have a name things should work. i guess when they see it's a us government email address i'm using maybe they get scared...LOL