Car rental in Samana Area?

uffe

Nov 27, 2006
Hello,
I'm flying into Samana Airport in January. I'm wondering where I get the best deal for car rentals on the samana peninsula. I'm especially interested in 4x4 vehicles. Is there car rental already at el catey airport? Or in Las Terrenas? Las Galeras?

Thanks for your help,

uffe

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
try Wolfgang, Yanett of Caribe Fun Rentals, next door to Paradiso bungalows in las galeras. i don't have their phone nbr, but maybe somebody else does. obviously only useful if you're staying in las galeras. be good to let us know from those of you who pass thru el catey if there are car rentals there now and if so, their website etc. thanks.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Car rental

Hello,
I'm flying into Samana Airport in January. I'm wondering where I get the best deal for car rentals on the samana peninsula. I'm especially interested in 4x4 vehicles. Is there car rental already at el catey airport? Or in Las Terrenas? Las Galeras?

Thanks for your help,

uffe

From my experience, the best deal for Renting a car in the Samana Peninsula was in Las Terrenas. Kanesh rent a car, across from Paseo Mall, next to Yuca Caliente Restaurant, I am trying to find the receipt and will post the telephone number. I rent a Terio with less then 10 thousand cliks, for a lot less then others try to charge me, Richard rent a car and Jessy rent a car. Ooops, almost forget Jame rent a car, located close to Hotel Casa Larimar. That was in September this year, Kanesh also have motos and quads for rent.

As for the new airport, I guess m'frog answer your question, "Not yet", maybe by January 2007 will be a rent a car office open at El Catey airport. Expect to pay $60/day or more.

BTW, the French are coming: Star Airlines depart Orly Sud 30/11/2006 15:15 schedule to arrive Samana (AZS) 30/11/2006 20:40

WebDev

JojoDave

Jan 21, 2008
Car Rental

From my experience, the best deal for Renting a car in the Samana Peninsula was in Las Terrenas. Kanesh rent a car, across from Paseo Mall, next to Yuca Caliente Restaurant, I am trying to find the receipt and will post the telephone number. I rent a Terio with less then 10 thousand cliks, for a lot less then others try to charge me, Richard rent a car and Jessy rent a car. Ooops, almost forget Jame rent a car, located close to Hotel Casa Larimar. That was in September this year, Kanesh also have motos and quads for rent.

WebDev

We arrive in the DR, the day after tomorrow!!!!! So psyched! But we are still on the fence about renting a car. Found this quote from WebDev from 2006 and am wondering if Kanesh is still in business and still the best place. Also, we need to get from El Portillo airport to our hotel, I am assuming taxi's are available from the airport but should we try and set something up ahead of time (maybe through Takeoff) to make sure we get the best deal or so we don't get ripped off? What would a fair price be from El Portillo to Playa Colibri?

Thanks! Joanne

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
We arrive in the DR, the day after tomorrow!!!!! So psyched! But we are still on the fence about renting a car. Found this quote from WebDev from 2006 and am wondering if Kanesh is still in business and still the best place. Also, we need to get from El Portillo airport to our hotel, I am assuming taxi's are available from the airport but should we try and set something up ahead of time (maybe through Takeoff) to make sure we get the best deal or so we don't get ripped off? What would a fair price be from El Portillo to Playa Colibri?

Thanks! Joanne

Joanne,

Let the reception girls from Playa Colibri arrange the pick up from El Portillo, instead of you haggling with the taxi driver. $20USD will do.

Ask the Reception at Playa Colibri who got better rates on Car rental, I believe Indianapolis will be very competitive.

WebDev.

P.S. most of the people working at reception in small hotels are doubling as Concierge, take advantage.