Boca Chica Supermarcado

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Does anyone know where the nearest large, sort of North American style supermarket is to BC? Is there anything closer than Santo Domingo? I'm looking for greater variety and hopefully lower prices than the small markets and colmados in town.

A

apostropheman

Does anyone know where the nearest large, sort of North American style supermarket is to BC? Is there anything closer than Santo Domingo? I'm looking for greater variety and hopefully lower prices than the small markets and colmados in town.
not as far as i know. most people i know from the area go to the supermarcado beneath plaza lama. i believe it's the one by Winston Churchill not Duarte in SD.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
JUMBO - In Megacentro

Closest "American style" supermarket that I can think of is "Jumbo" in Zona Oriental off of San Vicente in the Megacentro Shopping Mall.

-Helpmann :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Coming from BC, you take Charles DeGaulle northbound(impossible to take southbound..hee hee) and turn left at the first stoplight, which is Carr. San Isidro. .

Slow down........how about some easy directions. Leave BC heading towards the airport......beyond the airport? how far?

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Thanks all for your replies. Santo Domingo it is then, but no need to cross the river.

Bigbird, I?m pretty sure there is a sign on Las Americas indicating the exit to Charles de Gaulle. By the way, how is it Dominicans refer to that street? Sounds something like ?Chelly?, as I recall.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Bigbird, I?m pretty sure there is a sign on Las Americas indicating the exit to Charles de Gaulle.

That is something I have learned not to take for granted. There may be a sign and it wouldn't surprise me if the sign was 100 meters after the turn. LOL