Places to live in San Pedro de Macoris???

UNIBEGirl

Aug 14, 2006
Hi,
I'm thinking about attending UCE, and I wanted to know if there are any new apartment buildings near the University? Would you recommend living in San Pedro? How is the area in comparison to Santo Domingo? Also...how far is Juan Dolio from UCE? And would you recommend living in Juan Dolio? If so, does anyone one know any places to live around there as well. I'm looking for a one bedroom/one bathroom for under $300/month. I live in Santo Domingo now in a GREAT newer apartment building for $270/month. So if I could find something around this price in San Pedro/Juan Dolio, it would be great! Thank you all, I REALLY need your help!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Most foreign students live in juan Dolio. 10 mins on bus to San Pedro. Studio apts at 250 a month, and there are some one beds at 300 a month. is more expensive than SD as it is a tourist resort.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
living in san pedro

i have lived in juan dolio 6 years and would agree with last comment.DONTstay in san pedro.it is an ugly dirty great big dump,overcrowded and dangerous at night even for a bloke like me(big and ugly).juan dolios much more civilised and clean and believe me after a day spent in san pedro you are going to be looking to get out to somewhere relaxed and QUIET!san pedros only good for doing your weekly shopping,full stop!good luck.........

San Pedro is my second home

Yikes - Manunut - you're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I certainly don't think San Pedro is as bad as you make it out to be. I am an American and I split my time between my home in NY State and my apartment in San Pedro. I have had several apartments in different barrios in San Pedro over the past 7 years and I have always felt safe, while at my apartment or while traveling around San Pedro on a motorcycle. Is there less crime and is JD quieter than SPM, sure, but it's all relative. If you want real noise and crime - go to Santo Domingo!

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
relative is right.

Yikes - Manunut - you're certainly welcome to your opinion, but I certainly don't think San Pedro is as bad as you make it out to be. I am an American and I split my time between my home in NY State and my apartment in San Pedro. I have had several apartments in different barrios in San Pedro over the past 7 years and I have always felt safe, while at my apartment or while traveling around San Pedro on a motorcycle. Is there less crime and is JD quieter than SPM, sure, but it's all relative. If you want real noise and crime - go to Santo Domingo!
just picked up yer mssage.you are perfectly right.parts of san p are ok'ish,but it was a girl asking for the info so i thought it best to reccomend the quieter spot of j.d.i have lived too in a nbr of ugly lets call them, barrios in st.domg and i wont be reccomending them to the lassie either.its horses for courses i guess but io think she should be broken in gently(to the dr i mean).:cool: keep on rockin in the...........