Tourist Visa for Canadian Permanent Resident

Dervaish

Dec 3, 2006
Hello

i'm planning to visit DR in january with my wife.i'm a permanent resident of canada and she is a US citizen.i just want to know do i need a tourist visa in advance [through embassy] or its ok to buy one at the airport? i do not have canadian citizenship [application in process] or passport but i do have my passport from country of origin [pakistan] and my PR Card [valid for 5 years].which is the best way? get the visa from embassy or buy it at the airport? will it be the same for my wife?

thanx in advance.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
As long as you are flying from a Canadian Airport of Departure to a DR Airport of Entry, I believe you only need your PR card and your Pakistani Passport and your wife will only need her Proof of Us Citizenship (i.e. passport or PR card or Birth Certificate and Driver's license). Also if you are traveling with a Canadian package tour operator your Tourist Card is probably included in your purchase price.

If you are traveling through the US please advise as it gets much more complicated after January 23rd, 2007.

Gregg

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
For absolute confirmation you can contact:

Embassy of the Dominican Republic
Tourism Services Section
130 Albert Street
Suite 418
OTTAWA, ON K1P 5G4
Phone: 1-613-569-9893 Ext. 232, 235