Taxi from Santiago to Cabarete

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Hi all!
Just had a last minute panic attack. Logged on to Continental to check in for my flight into Puerto Plata tomorrow................They had changed my flight to Friday!!!!! So, anyways, to make a long storey, short............I am now flying in to Santiago! Rats!
So..............how much is a taxi from that airport to Cabarete. Can i just take any one from out front? Am a lone female travelling. Speak good enough Spanish. Know my way around. Any safety precautions i should take? What is the US/RD exchange rate. If I pay in dollars can i bargain for a better rate?
Oh yeah, what is the weather report for tomorrow! :)
Cant wait to get there. Santiago is better than NOT at all!!!
Thank you all for your help!
Sunny

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Paradisetrans.com 809 582 5112 ask for Rocio or JJ

JJ is one of the best English speaking drivers you will find in the DR.

It might be too late to make a reservation but give them a call ASAP.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
Ditto...JJ is the best and you will be 100% safe with him. Rocio is his wife. Give them a call.

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
Thank you!
I was able to find a very kind friend to come from Cabarete to rescue me! : )

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Just had a last minute panic attack. Logged on to Continental to check in for my flight into Puerto Plata tomorrow................They had changed my flight to Friday!!!!!
This time of year Continental only flies Fri-Sat-Sun to POP. I'm not sure how you were able to book a Wednesday flight in the first place. :confused:

kdeer

Mar 28, 2006
Tuesday Flights

I'm flying on Continental out of Newark in two weeks and the flight is on a Tuesday.... I will double check with the airline as they have already messed up my flights one. I was supposed to fly in the am out of Toronto to Newark to POP but Continental changed the departure time of the POP flight so that it left Newark 1 hour before my CONTINENTAL flight from Toronto arrive.

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
Continental changed our flights also

I too just checked reservations online 2 days ago for our February flight and Continental no longer does the daily flights to POP at 9am - now departure from Newark is daily at 7:50 am - not good for us since we land in Newark at 7:48!! Now we have to fly in a day early and sleep in Newark....NOT a good way to spend the first day of holiday!! Flights have been changed to STI as well as POP....

I had to rearrange transportation for most of my group and the ones flying into Santiago will have the pleasure of meeting JJ!