After twelve years ...

concepts

Apr 26, 2005
Hi everyone,

We've (family of four) been living here in Santiago for 12 years and never have been west of Azua. So FINALLY we've carved out a week starting this December 24th to visit the Bayaguana/ Pedernales/ Enriquillo area.

My wife is a big time bird watcher and above all else wants to see a Trogan. We don't want to do the all-inclusive thing but instead see a lot of nature, which I understand the SW has in droves.

We're staying with Friends in Azua one night and possibly with other friends in Pedernales for one other night. But any other recommendations would be appreciated. We'll probably base out of the Barahona area for three nights. I came across the Villa Morinda B and B on the internet in Ojeda. Has anyone been there and can recommend it? Or other decent lodging?

Would appreciate any advice.

Steve

PS If you want to know anything about Santiago just ask.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Steve: There ae threads on Hotels in Barahona.
or PM Dolores, since she is the fact totum on where to saty in the DR.

What do you do in Santiago> Not golf?

HB

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Barahona area

Hi Hillbilly.
I stayed at the Hotel Casa Bonita in Bahoruco and at the Ponte Vedra in El Arroyo, both west of Barahona. I could recommend both, but Hotel Casa Bonita was reallllly nice. I did a hotel review of it here on DR1.
You could also see photos of that southwest area and of the hotel in my media gallery section. http://www.dr1.com/media/showgallery.php/cat/505
Feel free to e.mail me if you have any other questions.
Have fun.
Paul Gerace