More cops in the streets of Santiago in December...

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Diario Libre Online

I don't know if I should be happy or concerned that I will have to pay more $$$ while driving around. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To be honest though, it doesn't make me feel any safer.:(

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I don't see any mention in the article of where these additional forces come from or level of training? The article also leaves the impression these aren't permanent employees - or at least their presence in Santiago isn't permanent.

While more uniformed presence should deter crime, it sounds similar to retailers hiring additional help for the holidays.

I can see the recruiting slogan... "Couldn't get the Santa Claus gig? Get paid to wear our costume during the holidays!"

Sep 19, 2005
if they cogregate 8 to a corner like I see on Las Carreras i Santiago , all the time...it doesnt do much good, for the guy getting mugged up on Del Sol.

BOB

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I only have to drive 2 blocks to get to work now so I will probably never notice.

I haven't had to fill up the tank for nearly a month and am starting to get out of the habit of using a seatbelt.

On the downside my battery is giving me problems since I don't drive far enough to charge the battery after a cold start.

If it wasn't for all the rain and mud I wouldn't drive at all.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Lol

On the downside my battery is giving me problems since I don't drive far enough to charge the battery after a cold start.

I am sorry - this just hit me as sooo funny!

cold start - you say - kind of like when I went out this morning in -25 C and my car wouldn't start so I had to plug it in!! :laugh:

Okay, I am all right now - back to the topic !

Marlie

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I am sorry - this just hit me as sooo funny!

cold start - you say - kind of like when I went out this morning in -25 C and my car wouldn't start so I had to plug it in!! :laugh:

Okay, I am all right now - back to the topic !

Marlie

Believe me it is getting cold here, the other day I even had to wear a t-shirt to bed.

Left some soup out the counter all night and it didn't even go bad.

Pulled a sweater out of the closet that I hadn't worn for two years (the only one I own) and it was almost an hour after the sun came up before it got too warm enough to keep wearing it.

That is freeezing cold for Santiago!!!!:laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
yeah ...Mike I know what you mean...my GF says she is FREEZING to death when the temps hit 72 degrees....ROOM TEMP!!!!!!thats close to 25 C

Ihave seen guys on motorconchos where thick down jackets when it is about 70 degrees out .. as if they are gonna get sick or something... ha ha ha ha

bob