Democratic Cuba's effect on Real Estate in the DR

gougeonit

Feb 26, 2005
I have some ideas, as to what will happen. But I would like your valued opinion as to what you think will happen...ie will cost of goods increase, as there is more demand in Cuba...etc housing starts,decline,rising of prices?

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior
(our life is short but made longer by misfortunes)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Based on displaced Cubanos I know who had property confiscated, IF Cuba ever becomes democratic, there will be a clusterf--k of biblical proportion regarding the true owner of property there.

It'll take YEARS to sort out.

I know folks who have sent representatives to Cuba (because that can't go), and have found folks living on land they had legitimate title to prior to the Communist takeover. The folks living there think they, also, own the land.

It'll be ugly.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
Based on displaced Cubanos I know who had property confiscated, IF Cuba ever becomes democratic, there will be a clusterf--k of biblical proportion regarding the true owner of property there.

It'll take YEARS to sort out.

I know folks who have sent representatives to Cuba (because that can't go), and have found folks living on land they had legitimate title to prior to the Communist takeover. The folks living there think they, also, own the land.

It'll be ugly.

You can take as an example DR as well ... a lot of people are living on someones land for 20 - 30 years with no title but thinking they als:pirate: own the land.