Metro Bus...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Is anyone familar with the Punta Cana to Santo Domingo Bus route? I've heard there is an express Metro Bus, but I would like to stop in Juan Dolio and/or Boca Chica for a few days before reaching SD... Is this possible? I'll have a big suitcase and two other bags so I'd rather not take a guagua...

C

Chip00

Metro

The Metro in Santiago say they don't have service in Punta Cana. I would ask the people at the hotel or the family that your with where " el autobus mas comodo" can be found. They usually charge a flat feee so negotiating is not necessary. Caribetours is another big company here in the DR too.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is anyone familar with the Punta Cana to Santo Domingo Bus route? I've heard there is an express Metro Bus, but I would like to stop in Juan Dolio and/or Boca Chica for a few days before reaching SD... Is this possible? I'll have a big suitcase and two other bags so I'd rather not take a guagua...
There is some express bus, maybe from Higuey.
I'll go digging and see if I can find the info.

Julie in Houston

Dec 6, 2006
I from santiago, and two years ago I did that trip.
I took a bus from Satiago to Punta Cana and later a went back but I stopped in diferent places (Juan Dolio, Santo Dominigo, Santiago, Puerto plata)

But now I don't remember the company but there are 3 or five company almost that offers this services. So you can ask someone there and they will give you a idea. ahh now a remember this bus leave from Ubero Alto, Higuey, and does diferent stop all the way to Santo Domingo.
Sorry (spelling), am just trying to improve my english!

Last edited:

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks for the input, my friend who lives there and has taken the bus before said it was Metro Tours... he could have been wrong...I dont think Caribe Tours goes that way

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks for the input, my friend who lives there and has taken the bus before said it was Metro Tours... he could have been wrong...I dont think Caribe Tours goes that way
Neither Metro nor Caribe go that way.
The busses going to Punta Cana are listed on that webpage above.