that she is from Haiti, and is in the process of getting residency in
the Dominican Republic. But if anyone can point me in the fastest
direction it would really help. Thank you to anyone that responds to
this post.

Ashley,

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It would be a big help if you told us what country you are from or at least what country you are trying to get a visa for.

Thanks and welcome

ashley_hyatt51

Nov 10, 2006
Sorry

I live in the U.S. she is Haitian and lives in The Dominican Republic. She goes back and fourth. But she was born in Haiti.

Thanks,

ashley_hyatt51

Nov 10, 2006
Sorry I thought I did.

I am in the U.S. and was born in the U.S. and we are going to start the process of applying for a visa for her to come to the U.S..

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Your best bet is to petition in Haiti. You may think for some reason it would be better in the DR, but actually I believe Hatians get special treatment because of the state of their country. The DR wait is over 2 years. Haiti should be 3-6 months. Do you REALLY want towait 2 years? I am not even sure they will let you petition in the DR if she is a Hatian born resident.

-Tim

ashley_hyatt51

Nov 10, 2006
Your best bet is to petition in Haiti. You may think for some reason it would be better in the DR, but actually I believe Hatians get special treatment because of the state of their country. The DR wait is over 2 years. Haiti should be 3-6 months. Do you REALLY want towait 2 years? I am not even sure they will let you petition in the DR if she is a Hatian born resident.

-Tim

Thank you very much twincactus!! I think that you helped me find the info that I was needing. I have read and read but have mot found any help regarding my situation. I am really glad I found this site! Once again thank you.

Ashley,