Some feed back on getting a Dominican to UK

delacruz

Dec 10, 2006
I (English woman) have a Dominican boyfriend, I met him in August, he joined me on holiday for a week after we met and he rang me when he said he would so we have carried on our relationship by phone everyday and e-mail, msn. I went back for another 3 weeks and we lived in an appartment. He has applied for a visa for a visit to England, but just been declined and basically told we should marry! I do feel very srongly but feel I would like him to come to this country and see me here and meet my friends and family, before marrying. Is this just a crazy idea? Is the only way of getting him here, by marrying him first?

He has very little money and I don't have loads! Eventually we would prefer to settle in the DR, but probably need to be in the UK for awhile. I am going again hopefully for a month in January... any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Marrying someone just so they can come to your country to meet your friends and family is crazy for sure.

Please go back many times to visit before committing to such a thing as marriage. Learn the laws of your country and your responsibility in doing such a thing.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Just get a fiance visa you have 6 months to get married that is what i done it is a no? to get a vist visa they probley tell you that he wont go back thats what happened with my step son

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I (English woman) have a Dominican boyfriend, I met him in August, he joined me on holiday for a week after we met and he rang me when he said he would so we have carried on our relationship by phone everyday and e-mail, msn. I went back for another 3 weeks and we lived in an appartment. He has applied for a visa for a visit to England, but just been declined and basically told we should marry! I do feel very srongly but feel I would like him to come to this country and see me here and meet my friends and family, before marrying. Is this just a crazy idea? Is the only way of getting him here, by marrying him first?

He has very little money and I don't have loads! Eventually we would prefer to settle in the DR, but probably need to be in the UK for awhile. I am going again hopefully for a month in January... any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Read everything in the sankie forum, re-read them, then read again and again ... if you're still convinced he's the one, listen to Anna.

Don't worry much, by the time you settle there, financially you'll be equals .... :surprised

Btw, delacruz doesn't sound English :ermm:

Welcome to DR1 :)

momita

May 17, 2006
God,Safe the Queen

But your 'de la Cruz' is different.
So nothing wrong with marrying him.

m'frog

God ,safe the Queen!!!!!!!!
Do not be stupid Girl.....I understand you,but remember...it isn't love yet...it is just a good sex!!!!!Let him uncover his real face....and then you will decide.
Don't tie yourself with something unrealistic......:)

Momita:rambo:

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003

Move on..you're his "ticket to ride"...period...just read some of the posts on this site..

BoricuaChica

May 11, 2006
i have a friend who works in imagration in the uk and you will be waiting along time there very hard on that kinda thing due 2 the imagration problem in england so good luck with that...besides why would you want 2 move 2 DR life is hard..jobs,money,culture unless u have ALOT of money and dnt need 2 work lol

Big_Al

Dec 14, 2006

Give him a chance, he just might be the one.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm sure your heart is in the right place on this but:

why buy the cow when the milk is free ?

delacruz

Dec 10, 2006
Hi there all,

Had our lovely wedding a month ago, now just waiting for the interview with the embassy!! Applications are being processed in 3weeks at present!
All the best, delacruz

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well, you did it now honey...:laugh:

i can only wish you the best. remember "patience"......

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
good luck!

Delacruz

Good luck with the application, sure it will all be fine. You might be interested in Dominican Connection UK for when your hubby arrives in UK. Its a site for Dominicans living here in the UK, they've been a few parties where we've all got together. You'll be suprised how many Dominicans there are scattered across the country.

xx

Sep 19, 2005
Damn mail...I never got my invatation......

its ok I went to see the movie instead

I hate that screaming in the movie...is that supposed to be funny?

yeah i kow i didnt know 60% of what he was saying....
bob

jenfau

Jul 8, 2006
That was quick.It took me 4 yrs and many trips back.I truely believe what MOMITA said let them show their true colors.Its great sex and not love at first.I felt it was at first but knowing what I know now it was somewhat a fantasy.I believe now its love but it took alot of work to get to where we are now.If we had gotten married right away I don't know where we would be now.We had alot of growing to do as a couple.Now we have a stronger base to hopefully get through the next step.Who knows for sure but being more educated in their ways sure helps.Still the best of luck!!!!!

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Hi there all,

Had our lovely wedding a month ago, now just waiting for the interview with the embassy!! Applications are being processed in 3weeks at present!
All the best, delacruz

Let me know how the inteview goes hun, my husbands got his on 26th of this month! Have you got a date yet?-only them a week to give an interview date! Good luck with it all. x

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Something like the same is happened to me.... I met my boyfriend from scotland while we were doing a program together on USA ..... and we keep talking and talking... until i went to visit him on February (thx god the embassy gave me the visa cuz by then i wasnt working or studying!)..... It was totally awesome been together again .... and i met his family and friends and i have to say they were totally lovely .... Now im looking forward for finding a job close to him or doing a master as i already have a bachelor degree..... But we are too young ( 23 ) for thinking about getting married now even if we have talk about it ...... But marriage is something too serious for doing it under pressure.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to let you all know, my husband had hisinterview yesterday. It went very well - they asked him lots of questions about me and my family and he was there for about 20 minutes and they said yes immediately!!! He then hadto go back to pick his passport and visa up an hour later!! We're sooooo happy and her should be over here within a month!

Kate