questions about carro de concho

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
i was wondering does anyone know what the steps are to have a car doing rounds on a concho route. i know the #1 thing is you have to buy the franja but does anyone here know exactly how to go about it . because i was talking to a few people and everyone says it is very profitable to have a car conchando.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
i was wondering does anyone know what the steps are to have a car doing rounds on a concho route. i know the #1 thing is you have to buy the franja but does anyone here know exactly how to go about it . because i was talking to a few people and everyone says it is very profitable to have a car conchando.

aren't those the cars that when u get in you could see the pavement under you??? and they could be profitable?? it probably depends on the route.
but if you must use your feet to brake, it doesn't sound like a good investment to me, lol. but then again it probably depends on the route, and then again they charge very small fare per passenger....????????........I want to know also if its profitable, out of curiosity.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
revealed

i was curious too, apparently it is profitable, guagua earns thousands pesos a day, some goes to syndicate, some costs and still a nice profit for the driver. same goes for those quasi buses things, 10 pesos a ride. i travel on the often, most of the time there is 20 people inside, five of them will be inevitably fat so the squeezed passengers are held together above the rusted floor.
believe it or not syndicates even send a "mysterious customer" on the roads but what do they control beats me.

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
even though some cars are beat up it is extremely profitable i know someone in one of the main routes in santiago and he says he easily brings in between 3 and 4 thousand pesos a day.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Most publico drivers make diddly squat. Maybe the owners of the cars make a bunch. Ask any publico driver if he is interested in a steady job that pays $7000 or $8000 a month, and he`ll just answer with "when do I start?"

What many here do not realize is that with guaguas, is that if there are 5,000 guaguas in the DR, about 25 individuals probably own 4,000 of those 5,000 guaguas. Many are union leaders. They hire the drivers and the conductors and pay them very little, but enough to keep them happy for the moment.

Could be the same situation with publicos.... Hillbilly?

cuas

May 29, 2006
My grandfather many years bought 3 used cars. He never got his money back. The drivers never made the quote. There was always an excuse, oh the car has a problem, or it was a bad day. This was in SD. He was a mechanic but he had enough. Driver do not take care of the car, don't care if the door is slammed, get into all the potholes. They do not stop to check for oil or water. He then sold the cars or what was left.
My father otherwise had his own car. He was doing good and taking it easy. He only could conchar every other day by law, and was doing it during rush hours. He never overworked himself neither his car. On days off he was doing carreras or trip to the airport but he needed a permit or convince that he was not working.
This is a tricky business. Please know what go are getting in to.

witenite

Dec 20, 2006
well i can tell you all from experience that it isn't easy to have a concho car my mother has 5 franjas but she doesn't own the cars herself so she doesn't have any obligation with the car repairs or anything else the syndicate takes in a percent depending on the route but its fairly low. the driver gets a percent a nd the owner, you, get the other percert basicly how its done now right now my mother has it work out to a 50-45-5 her, the driver, syndicate respectivly wich is pretty good cause she's raking in 2500 each month per franja without steping a foot out of the house i do a monthly visit to the syndicate and i get it in a nice little white envelope.

C

Chip00

I have a friend who's dad concha(s?) and owns his own car if you want I'll get his telephone number. Send me a pm.