Expat get together in Santiago stadium

C

Chip00

Anybody baseball loving expats interested in having an informal get together for one of the playoff games here in Santiago? I usually sit in the bleacher area (RD$40) with a few of my Dom. family/friends. They have an attended parking area where I haven't had any problems leaving my SUV. The playoffs start the 26th and I'll post the schedule when they release it. Hotdogs are RD50, beer RD50 and sodas RD20. There's plenty entertainment as the crowds are typically quite lively. Also, there always plenty of police although I haven't seen any problems this year so far.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We will bring a car load or two from Puerto Plata. Let us know what day you are thinking......

Sep 19, 2005
I am coming into santiago on the 16th of january...if they have any games from that date till the 22nd..Ill be there for sure.....but i am not sure my GF will want to sit that far from the field.....she wants to see the players up close.........but I am receptive to tying to get together as a group.....

Ill watch for your posting of the schedule...

bob

C

Chip00

Playoff Schedule

See link for playoff schedule.

.:Liga Dominicana de Beisbol:.

I personally am wide open I think until the end of next week, but it may be spotty after that. Look forward to getting together with some of my baseball fanatic compatriots!

Sep 19, 2005
after the 16th....what is the normal format for the winning teams that advance?

I am not arriving till the 16th....even though i may try to make that Santo Domingo game....I am hoping my teams advances and I can see at least one more game..

bob

C

Chip00

after the 16th....what is the normal format for the winning teams that advance?

I am not arriving till the 16th....even though i may try to make that Santo Domingo game....I am hoping my teams advances and I can see at least one more game..

bob

I don't know for sure but I heard some people saying that only two teams can advance and they go to the finals. That also gels with what that everybody I talk to calls this current series the semifinals.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I don't know for sure but I heard some people saying that only two teams can advance and they go to the finals. That also gels with what that everybody I talk to calls this current series the semifinals.
Yes, two teams advance to the finals. I think the format is a best of 9 series.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I am coming into santiago on the 16th of january...if they have any games from that date till the 22nd..Ill be there for sure.....but i am not sure my GF will want to sit that far from the field.....she wants to see the players up close.........but I am receptive to tying to get together as a group.....

Ill watch for your posting of the schedule...

bob
I'm guessing the schedule (as far as dates) will be the same as last year.

C

Chip00

Im in...any chance for a game next week... maybe Jan. 3rd if I read it right?

DavidZ

Sorry for the delay - I was hesitant to commit because I thought I was going to have to head out of the country for a job. I'll be going to the game tonight with a few Domincian Friends and maybe a couple of gringos I know here in Santiago. Send me a PM if you want to hook up at the Stadium. We will be in the bleachers - you could probably find though me by looking for the ugly, dressed down 4 eyed gringo with the Aguilas hat!

Sep 19, 2005
DavidZ
We will be in the bleachers - you could probably find though me by looking for the ugly, dressed down 4 eyed gringo with the Aguilas hat!

wow, id think youd have to narrow it down more than that........

does dressed down...mean SHORTS?

bob

C

Chip00

wow, id think youd have to narrow it down more than that........

does dressed down...mean SHORTS?

bob

No shorts - I'm not that gringoed! We will be probably be sitting in the left field bleacher as it's usually where Batista knock's em.

Sep 19, 2005
No shorts - I'm not that gringoed! We will be probably be sitting in the left field bleacher as it's usually where Batista knock's em.

does that guy have the worst looking batting stance ever??? or what.....

no sooner than i told my girl that he looks like he is constipated...than he slammed a super sky high homer into the very same seats you speak of.... ha ha ha

I shut up

bob

C

Chip00

Aguilas gano

Went to the game last night and the Agulias one. It was a blast as it was sold out and the Agulias came from 6 runs down in the 3rd.

I didn't go with any other gringos but saw at least one in shorts! These guys stand out like a sore thumb - he must have been from the North Coast or the capital or something - I myself like to go incognito as much as possible.

Sep 19, 2005
ok
#1 where did you sit

#2 how much was the ticket

#3 did you buy it from a scalper or at the ticket booth

thanks
bob

C

Chip00

ok
#1 where did you sit

#2 how much was the ticket

#3 did you buy it from a scalper or at the ticket booth

thanks
bob

#1 We sat in the right field bleachers - drats! but I went with a group of Dominicans and some were already inside. I therefore didn't have a chance for Melky's longball.

#2 RD50

#3 Bought from booth but they can be had from the scalpers for RD60 to 70.

The seats in near first and third base probably will sell for RD160 or so and be scalped for up to RD250. This I don't know for sure but during the regular season they same seats were RD140 and the vultures were pleading for RD200.

Sep 19, 2005
dammm the seats I bought right behine the dugouts were 500 pesos at the ticket booth...and we paid 600 pesos for them from the scalper...because we didnt want to take a chance of not getting a seat in that area

we got took? or what

I am not ashamed of getting took if I did.

but I d like to wise up if possible

one guy wanted 800 pesos for seats rigth behine the aguilas dugout.....thats were we ended up on the second game

bob

C

Chip00

dammm the seats I bought right behine the dugouts were 500 pesos at the ticket booth...and we paid 600 pesos for them from the scalper...because we didnt want to take a chance of not getting a seat in that area

we got took? or what

I am not ashamed of getting took if I did.

but I d like to wise up if possible

one guy wanted 800 pesos for seats rigth behine the aguilas dugout.....thats were we ended up on the second game

bob

I don't know know if you got took or not because I've never sat behind the dugouts and it would make sense that the markup should be a little higher given that there are less available. The next time you go just ask a Dominican who's in line what the normal price for a scalped ticket will be -they normally won't schuck you as long as they aren't one of the scalplers buying up the tickets.

kc31961

Aug 18, 2007
Find out out more info. on Domincan Games

Hi, I am from the US and have a men's baseball team going to Santo Domingo in February 08, could you please tell me how I can find out about getting tickets to a game in Santo Domingo or any more information that would be GREAT! Kathy