A day in La Romana

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
I have a friend who's taking a cruise in April. They'll have one day in La Romana and would like to see the country, rather than just the tourist spots. Anyone available for a tour? If so, please let me know how much and how they can get in touch with you.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
They would like to see the country rather than tourist spots? Mnn.. better get an honest taxi driver. If you are not going to visit the Campo de Casa marina or Altos de Chavon, what do you expect to see? Not much, except the city, campo and sugar plantation bateyes.

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
They would like to see the country rather than tourist spots? Mnn.. better get an honest taxi driver. If you are not going to visit the Campo de Casa marina or Altos de Chavon, what do you expect to see? Not much, except the city, campo and sugar plantation bateyes.

Wow, thanks for the friendly help.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You probably only have a day -- I recommend that you visit the art galleries in La Romana -- Eduardo's and Tamburini -- then Dominicus blue flag beach, and see Altos de Chavon and the Marina de Casa de Campo. The tourist spots in La Romana are worth visiting. If you want to see the countryside, you need more time.