Breezes Puerto Plata

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Hi,
Ive just got back from another 2 weeks in Breezes Puerto Plata, which makes a total of 5 weeks there in the past 4 months. I also stayed there twice last year. I love this resort so much, mainly because of the pool and the staff. I have lots of good friends there who always make the stay so memerable.

This wasnt a holiday however, I think we managed a whole 3 half days of sunbathing. We spent our time driving from Sosua to Puerto Plata and back again, so the whole time there felt like a road trip.

I had an apartment in Puerto Plata which was really nice and very reasonably priced. We also got a good deal on a red jeep, which was organised by my super boyfriend.

We experienced lots of new things this time too, such as dancing salsa in La Canita with my boyfriend amongst all the locals. This is something we never had the courage to do last time. We also learned so much more spanish this time, mostly swear words but you have to learn somewhere. We went to a Dominican Christmas staff party which was also great fun. I went dancing in the rain at 2am in the street with local Dominicans after drinking with them. It was lots of fun, but I am now left with a cold!!

I am planning one more trip in March/April before I move there next August. If anyone can suggest anything else to experience before moving there, it would be great.

Thank you for letting me share a brief review of my trip as it was fantastic and would go back there in a heartbeat...if it wasnt for the money!!

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
If you haven't got the money to visit before March, how can you expect to live there full time. It is not an easy thing to do unless you have a good income. A decent paying job in the Dr is next to impossible to get. It sounds to me like all you have done there is drink and party. That is not real life. The boyfriend will quickly tire of you if you can't afford to live there. Be aware that he will most likely not be paying your rent. I suggest that you use your next trip to try and find a job. That would be a reality check.

riclagriclag

Dec 17, 2006
apt

[ Hi i'm looking for a cheap apt in Pop any info on 1 week
ty

QUOTE=eralc777;471166]Hi,
Ive just got back from another 2 weeks in Breezes Puerto Plata, which makes a total of 5 weeks there in the past 4 months. I also stayed there twice last year. I love this resort so much, mainly because of the pool and the staff. I have lots of good friends there who always make the stay so memerable.

This wasnt a holiday however, I think we managed a whole 3 half days of sunbathing. We spent our time driving from Sosua to Puerto Plata and back again, so the whole time there felt like a road trip.

I had an apartment in Puerto Plata which was really nice and very reasonably priced. We also got a good deal on a red jeep, which was organised by my super boyfriend.

We experienced lots of new things this time too, such as dancing salsa in La Canita with my boyfriend amongst all the locals. This is something we never had the courage to do last time. We also learned so much more spanish this time, mostly swear words but you have to learn somewhere. We went to a Dominican Christmas staff party which was also great fun. I went dancing in the rain at 2am in the street with local Dominicans after drinking with them. It was lots of fun, but I am now left with a cold!!

I am planning one more trip in March/April before I move there next August. If anyone can suggest anything else to experience before moving there, it would be great.

Thank you for letting me share a brief review of my trip as it was fantastic and would go back there in a heartbeat...if it wasnt for the money!![/QUOTE]

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
my trip

I could afford to go there again before March but I don't have any time off work until then. I am a teacher here, so I obviously have to go during school holidays.

While I was there I have secured a good paying job at a private school in Sosua which pays for half of my apartment.

Yep, I had an apartment as well as we found a really cheap package deal to go to Breezes, which was cheaper to have flight and 2 weeks all inclusive than to just get a flight. So we had free food and drinks whenever we wanted, I was with my boyfriend at work during the day and then we had an apartment in Puerto Plata for the rest of the time.

Yes, we drank a bit and we made sure we went out and had fun, but we still did normal things too. We stayed in on a few nights and I cooked dinner and we curled up on the couch watching TV for the evening.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
oh boy..so your boyfriend worked at the resort during the day (where you had a room) and in the evening you both went to your apartment. is this not sankie forum material ?

i'm trying to be good today...

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
No, because he isnt a sankie. I went to spent time with him and since he cant stay in the hotel, I got an apartment which he paid some money towards. Plus, I have family in Puerto Plata so I was closer to them too.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Intense psychoanalysis. Concentrate on answering the question: "Why am I so self-destructive?".

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Im going to say it, even though I know exactly how people will react...he works in animation. I dont really think it matters what he works as.

Pookey

Sep 11, 2006
Breezes Puerta Plata

Wow is this thread ever deceiving!!!!!

I looked under trip reports and then saw Breezes POP so I clicked on this thread and what I got was a blurb about some girl who is madly in love with some animation guy and she just happens to love Breezes because he works there. I didn't get any information in the trip report about the resort but all about this kid that thinks is going to be better living there.

I don't know where she teaches but wow, she sure gets a lot of holidays for a school!!!!!

Well I guess I will go back to the other websites that I know when I click on a TRIP REPORT, I will read about the resort not all about some person.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Ive just got back from another 2 weeks in Breezes Puerto Plata, which makes a total of 5 weeks there in the past 4 months.

As a teacher - how can you have gone there for 5 weeks in the last 4 months?

And you are involved with an uneducated animation worker - and you are a grandmother - get a reality check my dear because this guy is going to bleed you dry. Plus he won't let you party there - Dominican men make their women stat at home - especially when they are old - not young and beautiful like his Dominican girlfriends are. How many children does he have??

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Wow, some people are so crabby at xmas! Sorry for not writing the perfect trip report. I have stayed at the resort many times, and I do love the resort for a lot of reasons, but mostly because of the friends that I have made, both staff and other people on holiday.

I teach in England now, and yes we do get good holidays. Its a perk of the job despite all the stress and the hard work.

Just to stop people moaning, I will try again.
Trip dates - 9th - 23rd December

Flight - Was with Thomas Cook. I would never tell anybody to fly with this company. The flight was so uncomfortable with 2 boring films to choose from. The staff were rude and there was a slight delay. We managed to get through the dull 9 hours though but I am sure we will never fly with that company again.

Airport - Perfect as usual. The luggage was off the plane by the time we had got through immigration and we were greeted cheerfully by the guys playing music. I love those guys, they definately start the holiday off on a fun note! We got our cases quickly and got a taxi as soon as we stepped outside. (We declined the transfer as it takes far too long and we were desperate to get to see my bf and our friends)

Check in - As we obviously got there before anyone else on our flight, it took us about 5 mins to check in and we were straight in our room with our luggage following quickly behind us. We missed the welcome cocktails however, as they were being prepared for when the coach arrived. We went to see our friends after finding our room and we were greeted by 3 large ice cold bottles of Benedicta (our favourite drink in the world!) So we sat and shared those around while we caught up with everyone. We were sat there relaxing as the other guests off our flight arrived. I am definatley never getting the transfer again.

Rooms - This time we stayed in a twin room in block 9. It was fine, close to the pool and the main building. Everything worked fine, eg, hot water, TV, a/c but we didnt get a CD player. That wasnt too much of a problem however. Last time we went we stayed in a beach villa, but we found that they were out of the way too much and was quite far to walk, especially after having a few too many at the night club.

Pool - I love the pool at this hotel. It has to be the best feature. Last time we were there, there was a problem with the water and it turned everything green. This time it was fine, but the water was slightly colder. There were always free sunloungers as the hotel was not busy at all while we were there. The entertainment during the day was good fun, but we prefered to just watch and sunbathe in the days when we were in the resort.

Food - We arent fussy eaters and so we never had any problem finding something to eat. The choice was great and always delicious. We managed to get to the Mexican restaurant, which I think is lovely but we didnt manage to get into the Italian as we were told it was fully booked. The Italian restaurant was my favourite last time so I was a little bit disappointed. The Italian was closed for a couple of nights too, I think this was because the hotel was not full.

Entertainment - This is the section where my opinion is biased. I love the shows as I am good friends with all the staff. All the shows were basically the same as they were in August, but they were still good. The staff show so much enthusiasm in what they do and they work so hard...apart from one who I wont name. My favourite show was Playback which I would reccomend to anyone staying here. The daily entertainment was always ok, but we never really get involved in it. The guys do try their best and are always friendly.

Beach - We never sunbathe on the beach as we prefer the pool. I thought I would mention this section to anyone who is planning a trip here as a man died in the sea while we were there. The sea is quite rough here and the flags should be observed before going into the sea. Be cautious of how dangerous the sea can be, even if you are a good swimmer.

If I had to pick one bad thing about this holiday, it would be the problems caused by the security manager. We invited a friend in on a night pass and the security manager got aggressive with him and refused to let him into the hotel after that night. We put 2 complaints in about him to the guest service manager who was a great help. Watch out for this guy though, he is trouble and lies so much. Luckily, we didnt have much trouble with him after that, but we were unable to bring anyone in to get a night pass.

I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a fun holiday with a great pool and friendly service! Can't wait to go back!!

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Wow wow wow, I am not a grandmother!!! I am 21.
Why did you think I was a grandmother???

He has no children and he is only just 22. He came with me everytime we went out to Mangu or to Classico, then we went back to the apartment together. He would never tell me I couldnt go out, nor would I listen to him if he dared tell me what to do. I enjoy going out with him, at least it keeps other guys away! Plus, we get free drinks on a Tuesday in Mangu.

I went for 3 weeks during the summer holiday from August 14th - September 4th and then I went for 2 weeks 9th-23rd December. I have an understanding boss and I had a study week, which is why I could go away before school finished at xmas.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Sorry got the grandmother from another poster, not yours. Got the 2 of you mixed up. However, how can you be a teacher at age 21 though. That's not possible. It takes 4 to 5 years in Canada to become a teacher after graduation from high school.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
It is entiely possible to be a teacher over here. I went to high school until 16, college until 18, university 18-21 and then its my year training now, which I am half way through. Its a year intensive course in a school. Technically I will be 22 when I get my official certificate, but I do have my own class now so I am a teacher.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
eralc, well good for you..question, doesn't Breezes have a nice disco or am i thinking of another resort over in Playa Dorada ? where is Crazy Moon located ?

Pookey

Sep 11, 2006
Breezes POP

Thank you very much for a much better post on Breezes eralc.

I now have an idea of what the resort is like.

Well Charlielyn, I tend to lean on your side because it takes forever to get through any University or College in Canada but then I do believe that as a Canadian graduate you can easily teach all over the world without doing any upgrades etc.

Just to show you I am not a grumpy Xmas person,,,,,,HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!! ;) ;)