Rental rates for an apartment in La Romana?

knotworx

Dec 10, 2006
Hello all,

I'm interested in renting a 1 bedroom apartment in La Romana for a year starting in October of 2007. I'm familiar with rental rates around Andres, Boca Chica and past the airport towards Santo Domingo (I can never remember the name of the area for Residencia Las Americas).

I'm budgeting for around $RD5000/month (not including utilities) based on my experience with other apartments in the aforementioned areas. I need a one (but prefer two) bedroom unfurnished close to the area where the Jumbo store is so I can minimize the use of a vehicle for getting around to basic needs for living. Also, access to high speed Internet as my work requires it. Reliable electricity is important (good luck right ;-) however I have an inversor so that is not as critical.

For now I just want to firm up my budget numbers so I'm not surprised when I start looking just to find that I really need $RD15000/month ;-).

Any insite is appreciated.

Thanks!

knotworx

knotworx

Dec 10, 2006
I don't know if this is worthwhile but I will mention that I paid $RD4500/month for a 3 bedroom at Residencia Las Americas from 2004 to 2006 and and $RD7500/month for a 3 bedroom in Andres (next to the Parque Cibernetico) for the past year. So not knowing much about La Romana from an expense perspective I expect that $RD5000 should put me in a nice 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. That's the reality check I'm asking for out there.

Thanks again!

knotworx

knotworx

Dec 10, 2006
Okay, let me claim the dumb user act before someone calls me on it. I posted this in the travel section and I should not have. Please ignore this post and I'll post it in a more appropriate forum.

Sorry!

knotworx

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I will be in La Romana on Jan. 22 and can do some checking for you. I know the location you are talking about but have no ideaa of pricing at this poing.

Chuckuindy