US Visitors Visa for Dominican Friend

kariAnn

Jun 20, 2006
Ok, you can read my other post: http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-...et-dominican-guy-match-com-advice-needed.html

So basicly, I need some advice on how he can get a visa. I am seeing if it would be better for him to come here rather than me go there.

Here are his stats:

He owns a car.
Has a passport.
Rents an apartment, but owns all the furniture.
Works for a Bank making good money for Dominican standards (has been there for 1 year)
Has a credit card.
Has a bank account in dollars.
Has a cell phone contract.
College Educated, though is currently studying for another degree.
Speaks English very well.

What should he bring with him to the appointment? What will be most benefical in his Visa process? The Job? Salary? That he is enrolled in the University? Car? Etc...

Let me know what it is he needs to do and how much does it cost. And also, how long is the process? If it is not too long, I would prefer him come visit me. But if it is 3-4 month process, I will go there first to visit him and save him the trouble.

Thank you. :bunny:

kariAnn

Jun 20, 2006
Anyone with first hand experience...with stats similar to him?
Anyone know anyone who was able to get a visa with these qualifications?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Car title
Rental contract
Letter from his employer stating his salary
Letter from his Credit card company reviewing his account
Letter from his bank atesting to his average balance

Letter from any company that will tend to show why he will return to the DR.

Plus the photos and other stuff...

Good luck...

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here are the requirements as visitor from the website

Visit the US

A nonimmigrant is a foreign national seeking to enter the United States (U.S.) temporarily for a specific purpose.

Nonimmigrants enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time, and once in the U.S. are restricted to the activity or reason for which their visa was issued.

They may have more than one type of nonimmigrant visa but are admitted in only one status.

General requirements for foreign nationals seeking temporary admission include, but are not limited to, the following:

The purpose of the visit must be temporary;

The foreign national must agree to depart at the end of his/her authorized stay or extension;

The foreign national must be in possession of a valid passport;

A foreign residence must be maintained by the foreign national, in most instances;

The foreign national may be required to show proof of financial support;

The foreign national must be admissable or have obtained a waiver for any ground of inadmissability;

The foreign national must abide by the terms and conditions of admission.

Visit the U.S.

Last edited:

kariAnn

Jun 20, 2006
More questions......

Ok, so now we are dating...and I want him to come visit me in December....questions:

1. Should he tell the Consulor we are dating and that he is coming to visit me? Will that help or hurt?

2. Will it help or hurt to have my parents write a letter inviting him to stay with us?

3. Should I go with him to get the visa....to show he is coming visit me?

4. Does traveling to other countries and returning help his chances...like him going to Cuba?

Thanks

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
Ok, so now we are dating...and I want him to come visit me in December....questions:

1. Should he tell the Consulor we are dating and that he is coming to visit me? Will that help or hurt?

2. Will it help or hurt to have my parents write a letter inviting him to stay with us?

3. Should I go with him to get the visa....to show he is coming visit me?

4. Does traveling to other countries and returning help his chances...like him going to Cuba?

Thanks
<sigh>
You have some problems now. If they even get wind you are his girlfriend, no go. He probably still doesn't have a high chance especially if he is young and good looking. In case you are clueless about this, they think he will immigrate and according to you they might not be that far off in that assumption.

On the other hand, I would highly suggest that you don't lie, or I should say he doesn't lie to the Consular. If he does, he may indeed get a visa, BUT, if you later get serious and want to marry (and it always seems to happen that way....funny thing ya know?) then they will surely find out you were lying and deny the immigrant visa which is by far more important in the scheme of things.

The visitor visa generally takes about 3 months from the time you apply, but only about 1% of these are approved so don't get your hopes up too high.

One other thing, is it just me or does every young(and I say that lightly) woman here live with her parents??? Why don't YOU write a letter of invitation, unless of course you are planning on lying about your relationship to get the visa?

You can find more info on my website Dominicans to the USA.

-Tim

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
On the Visa, I wish you good luck.
A very long wait, and a very thorough process, with only a very small percentage getting approval.

Read all the information here, and be more informed upon leaving, than when you entered.

also........

You should think about coming to visit him here.

Make sure you are able to visit for a short period of time, using your own resources.
Example......., Rental Car, Hotel Room, etc, etc.

Make sure you are the only one driving the car, do not lend it to anyone!

When a visitor in someone else's home, respect their rules.
Same goes for visiting other countries.

tim.