tickets by phone possible???

Sep 19, 2005
come on someone must at least KNOW if it possible or not.....

Quisqueda stadium....in the capitol....do they sell tickets over the phone?...i guess it would be by reservation..because things dont get mailed in the DR very well....

thanks

bob

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Not Possible

This question has been asked a hundred times on DR1 and the best response I've ever read is buy them early in the morning when they go on sale.

-Helpmann :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This question has been asked a hundred times on DR1 and the best response I've ever read is buy them early in the morning when they go on sale.

With a little bit of luck Jan 13th will be my first game in the DR. How would I get to Quisqueda stadium by rental car? From your reply I guess my best bet would be to go to the stadium game day to purchase the tickets.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Estadio Quisqueya: Directions From Boca Chica

With a little bit of luck Jan 13th will be my first game in the DR. How would I get to Quisqueda stadium by rental car? From your reply I guess my best bet would be to go to the stadium game day to purchase the tickets.
If you're coming from Boca Chica:

1. Continue west on "Ave. 27 de Febrero,"
2. Turn right (head North) on "Ave. Tiradentes"
3. Continue driving on "Ave. Tiradentes" passing "Ave. JFK" and "Ave San Martin" (the stadium is just a few more blocks up on your right.)

Sep 19, 2005
thats not much of an answer....huh

Estadio Quisqueya, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic on the satellite picture. Best aerial and satellite photos.

big bird move this satelite image around to figure where you are....I think it is easy to get loast when comeing from the BC direction....the road splits a few times and there are no signs to tell you which to stay on...

it loooks a little easier getting to the stadium from the santiago direction....

problem is Ill probably check into a hotel first , before i go to the game....

I have the phone number...ill call later in the afternoon...

bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
If you're coming from Boca Chica:

1. Continue west on "Ave. 27 de Febrero,"
2. Turn right (head North) on "Ave. Tiradentes"
3. Continue driving on "Ave. Tiradentes" passing "Ave. JFK" and "Ave San Martin" (the stadium is just a few more blocks up on your right.)

Thanks, that should be easy enough to find.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
....I think it is easy to get loast when comeing from the BC direction....the road splits a few times and there are no signs to tell you which to stay on...

bob

No kidding, I get confused everytime I drive from BC to SDO. I do fine up until the last five miles where you need to make a right than another right or is it a left than a right..............depends on how you want to get to the bridge I guess...........

At any rate I will be in the Capital the 12th-15th. My last trip I got lost so I know where Ave 27 de Febrero and Tiradentes is. Just wish me luck with getting tickets.

Sep 19, 2005
but 2 tickets for the 16th for me...put them under the big odd shaped rock where kennedy and san martin meet on the south side of the road.....dont let anyone see you do it either.....thanks

bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
It was the first time I've been asked to provide directions without being given a starting location. I assumed the driver could find "27 de Febrero."

-Helpmann :cheeky:

Dumb old me again....LOL.............I understand the directions just fine......did I ever tell you about the time I got lost is an area 3 miles north of Plaza Lama on Duarte......what a story, what an adventure, I actually hung up the phone on someone ;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
but 2 tickets for the 16th for me...put them under the big odd shaped rock where kennedy and san martin meet on the south side of the road.....dont let anyone see you do it either.....thanks

bob

If you don't find the tickets you will know the rock was too heavy to lift.........I will send you a PM to let you know how I make out

Sep 19, 2005
It was the first time I've been asked to provide directions without being given a starting location. I assumed the driver could find "27 de Febrero."

-Helpmann :cheeky:

you missunderstood me........that comment was refereing to your remark that when asked if tickets could be bought all you ever heard was "get there early"
it had nothing to do with your directions...

as far as me getting me left lost in the sonto domingo looking for "27".....that wont happen...first i wont be looking for ave feb 27...my path should be autopista right into kennedy for the stadium......but there is a chance the part about getting lost in gerneral could come true.....

I dont worry about getting lost...it is just an inconvienience.....when in doubt, I just pull up to a cleaner looking motoconcho driver and say ill give you 50 pesos to lead me to where i want to go....
ill have an idea as we go...if we arent going anywhere were I want to go....

big bird...you know where the el conde is....well on one end is a like a park and fenced in area(west end).....where the big walk way ends and the road t-bones it in front of the fenced park...right there on your right( facing the fenced park area)..is a homelss lady sleeping on the side walk...put the tickets under her

now make sure you make it look like you are copping a cheap feel...so now one is the wiser...ok?

a side question..is ave john f kennedy a divided highway as it goes by the stadium...IE can you turn into san martin if you are traveling estbound on JFK?

bob

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Do the tickets go on sale game day? If not, how far in advance do they go on sale? (Santo Domingo games)

Sep 19, 2005
lots of questions...very few answers

seems everyone else that has been to games in Santo Domingo..are keeping mum....

I called...cant get tickets by phone..

the lady said show and buy the tickets....a yeah....usually that will work...if they havent sold out... next call will be if they sell tickest for one game several days in advance...that would give me and idea that the day of my game...a lot of tickets could already be sold even if I show up when they open..

bob