Building costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

marimu

Jul 22, 2006
Hi there...Can anyone give me information please, regarding building costs per sqare metre in the Sosua/Cabarete area. We are going to take the advise of many DR1ers and wait to purchase land until we arrive in DR and have spent some time really checking out the area?s. We do know however that we would like to build a villa of approx 150-200 square metres (nice but not luxury) and would like to start looking at some house plans etc, but without knowing the approx building costs per square metre it?s difficult. Also any ideas about building plots, approx 800-1200 square metres would be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just asked for a good friend of mine--

I asked my civil engineer friend just last week.

Depending on just how you "finish" the place (cabinets, flooring, doors, windows, kitchen and bathroom furnishings) the cost can run from RD$20,000 to RD$25,000 a sq. mt. for top of the line finishes. You can go a bit lower.

Also, this is cost plus 20% forthe builder. Figure RD$15,000-RD$20,000 if you build it yourself, but watch out for shoddy work.....lots to read here on DR1 about that. If you are not knowledgeable about construction, youwould be much better off finding a reputable contractor and letting them do the work. Never pay too much up front. Oh man, this can go on forever...

But $150,000 to $160,000 for a custom build home is not that much by US or Canadian standards....

carpe diem

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.