Allegro Jack Tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscrawford2003

Jan 1, 2007
We have never been to DR before and are thinking about trading our timeshare for the Allegro Jack Tar in Puerto Plata area. How is the beach there? How is the water rough or calm? Is there any shopping in the area?
We have the option of also trading for any other Occidental-Allegro resort. Can anyone suggest which is the best?

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
No more Jack Tar.....

Jack Tar in Playa Dorada does not exist anymore. It has recently changed to Holiday Village and is a First Choice hotel. I asked one of the travel agents if they had English staff in the hotel, if so was it like Butlins abroad....she smiled and said that it is meant to be classier than Butlins haha.

Ive never stayed in any Allegro-Occidental resorts so I cant comment. Just thought I would let you know of this change.

kifler

Dec 29, 2006
FYI There is another Occidental Allegro there, it is called the Occidental Allegro Playa Dorada. I'll be there in Feb.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The old Jack Tar - is now HOliday village and is no longer a timeshare resort. YOu will have to use one of the other Occidental hotels! The better of the choice in Playa Dorada is the old Flamenco now the Occidental Grande I believe.

** off topic: why do they keep changing the names? Just confuses us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.