Ecotour Barahona?

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Eco tours Barahona

Hi Bob. Yes, I took a tour with them last summer and it was one of my best experiences in the DR to date. I went with them to Bahia de las Aguilas. It was beautiful and I have some images posted here in the DR1 Media Gallery at http://www.dr1.com/media/showgallery.php/cat/505.
I believe they are based in Paraiso. They were on-time, informative, and the cost was very reasonable.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Paul

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Hi Bob. Yes, I took a tour with them last summer and it was one of my best experiences in the DR to date. I went with them to Bahia de las Aguilas. It was beautiful and I have some images posted here in the DR1 Media Gallery at http://www.dr1.com/media/showgallery.php/cat/505.
I believe they are based in Paraiso. They were on-time, informative, and the cost was very reasonable.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Paul

Paul, I can feel that you have caught the essence of what we are, only someone in love with our country and our roots can take those pictures. In your pictures we don't see people lounging in a resort or sunbathing at the beach with a pina colada in their hands, what we see is the beauty of our country, our people and our beatiful colors, thank you for sharing those pictures with us, you should have an exhibition or compile them in a book, they are one of a kind.

BTW, my mother is from Barahona and raised in Bahoruco, and I just love that part of our country not only because my roots originate there, but because it's the forgotten "jewel" and the beauty of the landscape is breathtaking.

Feb 15, 2005
Hello People,

I just wanted to let you know that there is an ecological Villa community being built in the mountians of Paraiso. Each of the private pools will be fed by a mountian spring.

This will be next tourist haven, not just the beaches (Bahia De Las Aguilas, Perdenales) but for the jungle-like sceneries like in Barahona.

Feb 15, 2005
Eco- Villas

Richard, tell us more! is there a website?

It's called the River View Village. This November I spoke with the architect and developer who took me on a tour of the property. It was truly amazing because it didn't feel as though I was in the Dominican Republic, except that I can see the ocean in between the palm trees and mountains. The indication is that these homes will be sold starting t $100k for the first stage and will go up during subsequent stages.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Hello People,

I just wanted to let you know that there is an ecological Villa community being built in the mountians of Paraiso. Each of the private pools will be fed by a mountian spring.

This will be next tourist haven, not just the beaches (Bahia De Las Aguilas, Perdenales) but for the jungle-like sceneries like in Barahona.

A name couldn't be more apt for a town. I have friends in Paraiso and they have a beautiful property in the hills next to a river that flows down from the mountain and it's sheer paradise up there.

numlock

Dec 4, 2006
River View Village

Hello People,

I just wanted to know more info about this. Why is it called an "ecological" village? Is it running on solar power? Can you tell me more features? I couldn't find any info about it on a google search. Is there someone I could contact about it?

Thanks for your time

Feb 15, 2005
I just wanted to know more info about this. Why is it called an "ecological" village? Is it running on solar power? Can you tell me more features? I couldn't find any info about it on a google search. Is there someone I could contact about it?

Thanks for your time

I have a DVD that I put together on the project. It contains schematics of the villas and of the entire property. It is considered ecological because of te use of natural river water for the pool and the roof of the villas will be made of cana leaves. If you email me I can send you an architectural rendition of the villa.

Feb 15, 2005
Best Tourist Location

After traveling to Costa Rica last year, I realized that the area that most resembles Costa Rica in fauna, mountains, rivers and beaches in the Dominican Republic is the southwest area of Barahona. Nothing in the Dominican republic come even close with it's diversity.

From Barahona to Perdenales, which incidently has in my opinion has the most extraodinary beaches in the Dominican Republic. 10 minutes noth of las Bahia de Las Aguilas is the mountian retreat of Pelempito. The view is considered to be the "Grand Canyon" of the Caribbean and the history of the native Indians escaping into those very mountians will astound you when you look at it's immensity. Just knowing that this mountain range feeds 1/3 of the island natural river and spring water is amazing.

In Barahona, there are no just one but TWO rivers that flow out from the mountians into the ocean. Both have bathing pools that gather these cold waters before reaching their warm Caribbean Ocean destination a few feet away.

All said and told they are 5 or 6 scenic destinations in the area that are unbeatable.

The area is safe to travel by car and the road is one of the best in the country. Many Europeans are starting to discover this previous ignored area as one can sit out in the Malecon and have a meal and socialize for hours.

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
Someone try to sell his business out here, in the future 7-10 years, it was maybe wise. I rent a room with seaview for 10 a night, it is between the local people, if you want to go in the tropical forrest you can rent a donkey from my neighbours, if you want to go snorkeling/diving we find you the way.
I come sick of all this tourist routes what don't show nothing in my opinion.