Google Earth - Santiago Extremely Detailed

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
For those of you with Google Earth installed click this link
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/placemarks/cl-06-13-06-861053614.kmz

Satellite view wasn't nearly this detailed last time I checked.

This link zooms in on AhiBar, but once there move around the page or zoom out a little & the detail is amazing. North of the monument (toward the Gran Almirante, Cerros de Gurabo, Hache, etc) is not photographed in detail but East, South, and West are.

Even the golf course is very visible - including caddies searching for a couple of lost balls in the rough on #3 (probably HB's & BushBaby's).

Hmmm, I thought this level of detail was reserved for U.S. military targets :chinese:

Sep 19, 2005
your link doesnt work...something about a valid file extension.....but anyway..I have used google eath to scan the DR many times...I got a great clear close up of the airport and worked my way towards my GFs house but right before I got to her road the map was unbelievably blurry...It was that way over into the city of santiago as well as over into Moca....dont know why......like that set of arials didnt come out good.

Ill search again on my link and see if it is better

cant seem to save a google satelite image easily....

bob

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know about seeing his house from the satelite....I do know that it is impossible to see his office, even when you KNOW the street and drive it several times......

bob

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For those of you with Google Earth installed click this link
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/placemarks/cl-06-13-06-861053614.kmz

Satellite view wasn't nearly this detailed last time I checked.

This link zooms in on AhiBar, but once there move around the page or zoom out a little & the detail is amazing. North of the monument (toward the Gran Almirante, Cerros de Gurabo, Hache, etc) is not photographed in detail but East, South, and West are.

Even the golf course is very visible - including caddies searching for a couple of lost balls in the rough on #3 (probably HB's & BushBaby's).

Hmmm, I thought this level of detail was reserved for U.S. military targets :chinese:
Looks the same to me. Those photos of Santiago area were taken and posted on google earth a few months ago.

What they did recently was a completely new photo of Punta Cana (you can see as far north as the Riu Resorts complex in Bavaro and as far south as Cap Cana - you can even tell where the marina will be of the project).

They also completely re-shot the National District and much of Santo Domingo East and Santo Domingo North with a higher and clearer resolution.

However, the resolutions used for the Dominican satelite photos are still not the best they could possibly be. Compare to how clear the suburbs in Westchester county NY and Fairfield County Connecticut appear. You can even see with clarity if the roof of the homes are shingle, tiles, etc!

But, all in all, the Dominican shots look better than they did before.

-NALs

Sep 19, 2005
I cant download even....google earth wont load into MILLINEUM OS

what a dog of a site

funny I have an shortcut on my desktop that lets me look at any map i want...but I cant load the link given.

bob

Sep 19, 2005
Google Maps

is francifol in this picture.....I am thinking it is on the street above the trees...and to the left in this picture....basically where the last two cars are parked right next to each other.....

oops i was wrong I think it is the next building to the right of those 2 cars...where the dark car is...

bob

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Google Maps

is francifol in this picture.....I am thinking it is on the street above the trees...and to the left in this picture....basically where the last two cars are parked right next to each other.....

oops i was wrong I think it is the next building to the right of those 2 cars...where the dark car is...

bob

It's on the right of the picture, directly across from that government building.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
your link doesnt work...something about a valid file extension.....but anyway..I have used google eath to scan the DR many times...I got a great clear close up of the airport and worked my way towards my GFs house but right before I got to her road the map was unbelievably blurry...It was that way over into the city of santiago as well as over into Moca....dont know why......like that set of arials didnt come out good.

Ill search again on my link and see if it is better

cant seem to save a google satelite image easily....

bob

Bob:

The problem lies in thetime frame between the sat images being taken. The one for Central Santiago and East aare old, old while the ones to the South are fairly new. Hasto do with the focus of the Sat on a paticular place.
Maybe if we griped to Google about it theywould update the Sat Image of the entire area. It's quite extensive.
Also might be the difference between the "Free" copy and the $400 copy. Who knows?

Texas Bill

Sep 19, 2005
Bill. ext time go scan over on the autopisto where the big hotel is being built near the new Hospital that is still being built and see if you can see anything that resemebles those projects int hat satelite photo...I am thinking those shots a very old....for sure no jet bridges on STI....

bob

C

Chip00

Santiago maps and aerial videos

Here's an interesting link with old Santiago maps.

Santiago 1863-1988

Here's some from ariliners taking off/landing

Aviation Videos - Santiago (Santiago de los Caballeros) - (MDST / STI) Cibao Intl

The following link has Digital Elevation models which are like relief maps - Choose DEM - just don't always trust the location - for example -they have Santiago shown a little SW of it's real location but nonetheless it is interesting to see.

Digital Mapping and Aerial Photography by MapMart