Cell phones / Boca Chica

MONKEY

Apr 28, 2005
Where can I buy a cell phone in Boca Chica (on Duarte) ? I have seen some posts that I can get one for around $30 US with some minutes on them. I won't being making alot of calls, just need it to keep in touch with a few people while I am there.

Any cell phone suggestions in Boca Chica ?

Thanks,
`monkey

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
Where can I buy a cell phone in Boca Chica (on Duarte) ? I have seen some posts that I can get one for around $30 US with some minutes on them. I won't being making alot of calls, just need it to keep in touch with a few people while I am there.

Any cell phone suggestions in Boca Chica ?

Thanks,
`monkey

try francesco.he runs a cellular shop in boca chica on duarte called rmf multiservicios.he's a good man and will help ya with anything you need.1-809-867-6133.

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
GFar

So you are saying cell phones from the US do not get service in DR no matter what, even a international Plan Verizon Wireless?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
So you are saying cell phones from the US do not get service in DR no matter what, even a international Plan Verizon Wireless?

They get service if you notify your carrier in advance and then you will be billed US$2 a minute for international roaming. Not worth it, it'll be cheaper buying a cheap phone and using a calling card or better yet, just go to a call center to call home.

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
Thank you

Thank you so much for repling!

I do have international service for verizon and if it works great 2.00$ is not an issue cause, my wife will still know I am in touch with her from my own phone #!!!!!!!!You alll know what I am talking about!! So last question REALLY FOR REAL!!!!!! BC or Sosua!!!???????????? please answer it is the hardest question of my life! because I am limited time in DR1

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Thank you so much for repling!

I do have international service for verizon and if it works great 2.00$ is not an issue cause, my wife will still know I am in touch with her from my own phone #!!!!!!!!You alll know what I am talking about!! So last question REALLY FOR REAL!!!!!! BC or Sosua!!!???????????? please answer it is the hardest question of my life! because I am limited time in DR1

I think I know what your getting at, BC or Sosua, huh. "Sosua", more choices of day & NiGhT activities:rolleyes: ,just be careful, seriously.

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
funny

funny, cause so many travel agents have told me that alot of people go to BC, but I am going to take your advice, You have been there alot more than I have. I know you really get my drift, although I am taking a few single guys and I guess I do all the tourism research so that they are assured a great time that is why I ask.

Thanks again,

any additional comments appriciated!

rexbon

Jan 26, 2007
Verizon Cell Phone works (?) in Boca Chica

Just a quick follow-up - I called Verizon to see if the Internation calling would work in BC - They did NOT have BC regisdtered as a working location - Which doesn't mean a whole lot, but does anyone have any actual experience using a Verizon phone in Boca Chica with the Internation plan (1.25 a min) - I just want to check ands make some plans before I get there...

Thanks -

John

BrookRobyn

Mar 3, 2007
I am coming to Punta Cana on vacation and will need to call home from the resort (Iberostar Bavaro). What is the best/cheapest way to call my kids while I'm on vacation? I've heard calling cards, but that I will need to find a payphone because calling from the room is expensive. Should I buy a calling card here (US) before I leave or when I get to DR? And what brand should I buy? Thanks for your help!

Jun 5, 2004
Well Verizon's (now Codetel) use to have pretty good rates on phone calls to the US. On the other had if you have a GSM phone u can buy a SIM card with orange for about 11 dollars 350 RD PESOS and have a cell phone with pretty good rates. check this out: orange.com.do\

Note:Since it is not verizon anymore but Codetel now I am not sure if they have changed there rates or calling cards.