Visa trouble for Tawianese friend

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
I am traveling to the United States with a Taiwanese friend. We are seniors at a boarding school and will be traveling to Sosua for March break. I am having trouble finding out information on how to get a Visa for him and how to make everything final. We have called the embassy in Boston numerous times as well as visiting the Dominican Boston embassy but are hearing many different answers to our question. Some people are telling us my friend needs to fly to Taiwan to get his Visa, etc. How should we go about making this trip legal for him?? Any info or tips would be great.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He doesn't need one. See this:

National CHINESE TAIPEI (TW)
Destination DJIBOUTI (REPUBLIC) (DJ)

DJIBOUTI (REPUBLIC) (DJ)

Passport required.

Visa required, which can be obtained on arrival provided
holding return ticket, for a max. stay of:

- 10 days. Fee: DJF 3,000.-; or
- 1 month. Fee: DJF 5,000.-.

Visitors not holding return/onward tickets must pay deposit to

transporting airline equivalent to return economy class fare.

For more exemptions see: For details, click here .

CHECK TINEWS/N7 - U.S.A. - WESTERN HEMISPHERE TRAVEL
INITIATIVE

Timaticweb Version 1.3
04 January 2007

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
to SKY.

Does the OP seek to travel to the Republic of Djibouti Or....Does he/she want to come to the Dominican Republic? Eh?

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
To nlove88

When my wife, a Colombian national, wanted to travel to DR, the embassy in Washington, DC, told us she needed only proof of residency in the US, (green card) and we were good to go.
She had no trouble getting in and needed only a "tourist card". You can obtain this card in transit and did cost 10US four years ago.
If your friend has a green card, he won't need a visa.

It may be best to contact the DR embassy in DC. 202 332-6280

www.domrep.org

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does the OP seek to travel to the Republic of Djibouti Or....Does he/she want to come to the Dominican Republic? Eh?

I am sorry, too much Barcelo I guess, I hit the wrong button, he needs a Visa.